Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lyder von Tangen
    Hi again Roman, sorry to hear that Dieter have so few pictures, I will contact friends in Sweden and Norway to investigate, may be Leif Ahlborg, Kent Rohm, Erik Braathen can help out.

Picture of my ON Schulze, year -73, unluckily I flipped it the first race (had to beat the Merc's) and was badly injured.
    Hi,
    I´ve just sent an email to Frode ( www.f2boat.com ) who is a very good friend of mine. I was racing with Frode F4 and he helped mi a lot after my accident in Le Havre 1997 when I ended in wheelchair. After that we did together F2 and F1. Frode will post my message on his website - I hope somebody will have pictures..
    BTW Kent Rohm is working with Frode, I think this is a very good team!

Best Regards,
    Roman

This is a picture of Dieter and his winning boat 1966 in Lake Havasu
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tomtall

Thumbs up Parker - Team OMC Dominates

From "Power Boat Magazine" May 1971. The article reads "OMC comes out smelling like a rose" with inbords and team Mercury trailing behind.

Tomtall

Cool 1967 Johnson Motors Add

The begining to compete with the Merc's.
    Last edited by Tomtall; 04-14-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC Racing V-6 Returns to Competition

Hi guys,

interesting reading.
    Look at Frode´s website ( www.f2boat.com ) under news/ 2006-Jan-9th.
    Regards,

Roman

Tomtall

Thumbs up Johnnie Sanders

Team OMC. Go, Go Johnnie Go!

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a hull from Deiter after the 72 Havsu Race. he was there. I picked it up at Houston TX port in March of 73. I got a new T1 6 carb and put on it. It was fast down the straights , but would float starting into the turns , then hook badly. I found myself on the deck hanging to the wheel several times. I finally blew it over at the Seattle race in July of 73.
    I have some pictures of it somewhere, at my cabin , I think. I'll try to dig them out.
    Poco Loco 153

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poco Loco 153
    I ordered a hull from Deiter after the 72 Havsu Race. he was there. I picked it up at Houston TX port in March of 73. I got a new T1 6 carb and put on it. It was fast down the straights , but would float starting into the turns , then hook badly. I found myself on the deck hanging to the wheel several times. I finally blew it over at the Seattle race in July of 73.
    I have some pictures of it somewhere, at my cabin , I think. I'll try to dig them out.
    Pictures would be great.
    Was informed that Schulze made three identical of mine (and probably your boat). Funny I had exactly the same experience as you regarding the handling, my first engine on the boat was the Johnson Stinger with the big gearcase, very much side torque in the boat, however handled much better
    with the Merc T1, still easy to hook in the turns. Wish I had kept the boat for
    the TIIx the year later. (Switched to Miles Master)

Post Thanks / Like

When I picked up my boat in Houston , there was another one there too. The same , different trim color. I never saw it at a race.
    Was Deiter the first to build a Pickle Fork Tunnel hull ? It was the first one I'd seen , but I had only raced a couple years.

Dick Roberts
    Poco Loco 153

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poco Loco 153
    When I picked up my boat in Houston , there was another one there too. The same , different trim color. I never saw it at a race.
    Was Deiter the first to build a Pickle Fork Tunnel hull ? It was the first one I'd seen , but I had only raced a couple years.

Dick Roberts
    Hi again Dick, due to my knowledge (I'm not 100 percent )Dieter was the first who raced a picklefork, might be possible that Renato Molinari had build some at the same time, however kept in secret while testing. Dieter showed up in the Berlin 6 hour race September -72 with a picklefork in class OI(merc BP 1250), the rear extensions were loooong, guess approx 30-40 inches. Have som blurry pic's will scan and send.

brgrds
    Lyder

Post Thanks / Like

Dick's pictures:
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Thread Information