Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Hill RC Propellers

Default Ron Hill RC Propellers

Kind of see a future in this RC business...You don't get no stinking hernia starting the motors...you can carry the boat in the back seat of your truck....don't need a big place to keep your boats....

Here are some of the props I've been working on for RC boats....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Team Member

Default What rc boats are these props for??

Ron are you working Prather or Octura props,or are you casting your own. I'm running mostly 3 blades, but would be interested in what props your doing that would be in the sizes I'm running. I buy props from Prather ,Octura ,and Prop Shop. Prop Shop has some of the best props to massage for what I need so far to date. Bob Austin a old apba boat racer is the MAN for doing RC props at his time, there is a market for you doing rc props. Last time I talked to Bob he had orders that would keep him busy for weeks. . you can check out, www.jrcbd.com you'll see that rc props are a big busines. Thanks Todd Anderson

Hi Ron.

R/C props are a big business. I started a small prop service (balance/polishing/cupping/ect.) years ago to pay for my nitro and it quickly grew into a 400+ props a year venture. With no time for family I decided to close shop. Right now there are only 3 or 4 guys who do props. It's nice to see someone else getting into the business. Be careful ... you might be surprised just how busy it can become.

My father ran C/D Konig Hydros in the 60s and 70's. We both got into r/c boating very heavily. A few years ago we both exited the hobby. Last week I was given a ride in a DCH and I'm getting the itch to get back into racing. Not sure if it will be the real thing or R/C.

thanks ........ Randy Rapedius

Randy, is your Fathers name Raymond??

The plot thickens.............

Default Spam: Four Blade RC Propeller

This is a 2.9 X 4.0 pitch four blade...Selling it on E-Bay...Grover thinks this may be the futrue for RC boats...and you know Grover knows, "Close and far"....

Truth is: This four blade is made the same way me and Vic Brinkman make four blades...we weld up, two, two blades.

My father's name is Hans and my Uncle's is Oskar. Two German guys. They were both heavily into the sport. Most guys remember my dad's laydown boat as it was a new thing at the time.

Ron ... I was working on a 4 blade r/c prop just before I packed it in. Let me know how it works.

thanks .......... Randy

Default Four Blades, Generation II

Making more and better ones all the time... 3.0 diameter and 4 pitch.

Thumbs up

WOW!!! That looks nice. Almost makes me want to get back into the prop business. Watch out Ron ... r/c boaters are obsessed. You night have a full time job on your hands.
    Keep me in the prop loop. Thanks ...... Randy

Team Member

Default Wow!!

That 4 blade looks NICE! bring a few to bakersfield so Rob and I can test 'em

Default R/C Experience..........

Ron.........After reading this thread I had to post this one here.

Some time ago, I had come home after being a road musician and not having a whole lot of seat time, Hap Mulvany called me and wanted some help testing some of his equipment about 1/2 hour south of me. Knowing how Hap would build a screamer, I was up for it. I hadn't seen Hap for some time and was really curious as to what he had put together. When I arrived, I didn't see any trailer, nobody was around to help get a boat in the water, and Hap was grinning from ear to ear. He told me I had to see this boat he just got back from Indianapolis after winning the Nat's and that I would be impressed.
    He pulled out an outrigger R/C hydro that was not what I expected. He fired it up, tossed it out in his private test lake, and after a few seconds, handed me the radio and said have fun............OH CRAP! I CAN'T TURN RIGHT! OH CRAP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! OH S***! I JUST AUGERED YOUR NAT'S WINNER INTO A CLAY BANK!
    His response was "Did that hurt?" I said 'No'. He said 'That is the reason I like this division of boat racing. I can crash and not have to go see a Doctor. Now do you understand?" I still suck at R/C boats but Hap's son Pat is still neck deep in it and I do the spotter thing for him whenever I can help. Great sport, no broken bones, and really good people in the pits. I learned a good lesson from Hap, like I did every time we were together. He was a good one..............
    Charley Bradley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information