Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed w/ 4-carb Chrysler 150 Stacker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    well looks like a Cred' check on thred one, i am how ever failin to see how workin at or not workin at Chrysler would make it a guess, any way "the more efficient a engine is the less timein it will tolerate" this is a base point to start, to Start any thing, kinda like salt, you can always add some more, but once you figured out you've gone to far, it's to late, crossflow be more forgiven,been there, more than once
    So you were just guessing off the cuff with no direct experience with the motors in question ...
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Nay, it was never said how fast he was guna try and spin it, with 4 2bbls,
    i'm thinkin 28deg is ware he'll be, but it would be best to sneak up on it
    call it a guess if ya like i was thinkin a sound place to start with out gettin in any trouble and that you can find your way to ware ya was tryin to go , on your own.

RogerH

Default Needs Parts - Help!

Thanks to Bill R. I have 3/4 of the parts I need to complete the 4-carb intake. I need another intake manifold from a 1970 - 1990 3-carb motor and at least one more carb and reed block. Does anyone know of a place to get these (dismantler?) or someone that might have an old donor motor? See picture.
    Thanks,
    Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Thanks to Bill R. I have 3/4 of the parts I need to complete the 4-carb intake. I need another intake manifold from a 1970 - 1990 3-carb motor and at least one more carb and reed block. Does anyone know of a place to get these (dismantler?) or someone that might have an old donor motor? See picture.
    Thanks,
    Roger

Roger, have you tried any of your local Outboard Motor dealerships in your area? All the ones I have been to usually have "blown up" Forces all over the place, available for parts..........(my shop doesn't though, sorry)
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

RogerH

Default Local Dealerships - Chrysler / Force

Daren,
    I do have to venture out, but where I live there isn't anything within miles. The boating here is so focused on high performance bass boats and cruisers that "small" outboards are non-existent. I've been here five years now and have yet to locate anything remotely related to Chrysler/Force. Mercury and Yamaha are huge here, but not much else.
    Thanks for the thought. Hope all is going well with you since relocating. Take care.
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Call Dick at Dick's, they just made the same motor have any part you're looking for 847 587 2102

RogerH

Default New Question - Equalization Slots

Take a look at Bill Richter's post showing his 4-carb set-up on page one. It has two 2-carb pieces and Bill tells me that the equalization slots are epoxy'd shut. I've attached a picture of the stock 3-cylinder 70hp intake, split apart to show the slots. Its weird that 1&3 are directly attached and on the other side 1,2&3 have a common slot. Why??? For a 150 racing application should I just block these off, or connect the slots to all the cylinders?????

My guess is that these slots only effect idle characteristics, but really don't know what they do. What do you think?

RogerH

Default Oops! Wrong Photo

Try this one.

Post Thanks / Like

YEs, those slots are to improve idling. If you aren't going to troll for very long you don't need to worry about them.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

RogerH

Default Got it Done - take a look

Finished the throttle / distributor linkage today and can assemble the 4-carb unit for good once the reed block gaskets arrive. I need to order/replace all the bearings for the modified 150hp motor and then put it back together. Another day.
    Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions along the way.
    Regards,
    Roger

Thread Information