Thread: Leonard Keller 1937

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Installation Instruction

Keller
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keller Aways Typed a Note To You

H.W. Peters C121, dated Jan 21, 1940. He wanted a speedometer pick up installed in his gearcase.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

For whatever it would be worth, some savvy antiquarian here might know how to date (at least as "before" or "after") Keller speedometers by the gauge faces which went from the earlier silver-faced ones to the blue-face style some time in the early to mid-Sixties, I believe.

One of Keller's products that was ubiquitous, at least in Reg. 10, was a cast aluminum kick-out spacer that went with Merc clamp brackets. If you wanted more or less kickout, you loosened the rope you had running across the back of your towerhousing, tilted the motor well forward by hand, and rotated the spacer or moved it on the pin (it had two holes), then tightened everything again. Did these tilt spacers get all over the country?

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Smitty, yes the "kick out" adaptors, one for KG4, KG7 & 20H & a slightly different one with 3 sides for the 30H & 55H reached the East Coast. I believe that I still have an A-B one on one of my display 20H's.
    Last edited by John Schubert T*A*R*T; 10-10-2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: additional info

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Keller kick out adaptor on my 20H, bought it around 1970. I still have a Keller that I used on 20H's to V4's . I have a Keller with a silver face (mid 50's) and a (mid 50's) Finason (sp). glad I saved this stuff. Last year I saw a Keller in Andy Hanson's boat so people are still using them.

Post Thanks / Like

I used it last weekend at Devils Lake and at Yelm. Never had a dead battery! And easy to read under way!
    Damn near pegged it too!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-02-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  1908431_10204730577085713_695899721433791916_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  60.0 KBWayne, I hope I got it right this time! D Lake went alright. I really wanted to get the 1/4 mile strait-a-way record with the Looper, but we (Ashley Rucker and I) stuck it just past scanner one at 95 according to the trusty Keller. I think Rich Fuchslin has sorted out the problem. I stuck it at Yelm too a couple weeks ago. So we got towed in and re-powered with my 700 Konny and we had a 96 and a 94 set of passes for a 95.599 average. We definitely could have gone faster if the water wasn't so glassy. My goal was 100+. So off to Oroville in the Spring!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-02-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Thread Information