Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Swing" mag or fixed timing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How you feeling

Jeff how are you feeling after your crash on Sunday. It looked like a pretty hard one. Did you do any damage to the boat or motor? I hope your felling better.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by kampenracing View Post
    Jeff how are you feeling after your crash on Sunday. It looked like a pretty hard one. Did you do any damage to the boat or motor? I hope your felling better.
    I just made a pass on the inside. I wanted to make the pass stick. I went into the corner too fast. Hooked the boat, and it shot me right out. I think the throttle jabbed into my ribs pretty hard. But they say nothing's broken. I find that hard to believe. I start watching the clock to count down my pain med time. I lost the engine cowling, broke a coil mounting bracket. broke the right cockpit side badly.
    I'll get better. The boat can be fixed. I can buy engine parts at the Tohatsu dealer near my house. I'll be back.
    I'll never race again without flack protection under my jacket! Heck, it's mandatory next year anyway.
    Thanks for the well wishes!

PS. I'm fast. But you guys are fast AND great drivers! I have a long way to go to reach the driving level of all of you guys.

Oh, sorry to hijack the thread. BTW, the spark advance "swings" on my Tohatsu.

Here's a pic taken just moments before my little crash:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jeff Yungen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ToHotSu???

Does that mean there will be more than 1 tohatsu at centralia?
    I can't wait to see how bad those old 40 mercs whoop em this year.

RichardKCMo

Post Thanks / Like

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardKCMo View Post
    Does that mean there will be more than 1 tohatsu at centralia?
    I can't wait to see how bad those old 40 mercs whoop em this year.

RichardKCMo

What's Centralia? Is that a boat race? I don't see it on the APBA race schedule.
    And, you mean they still race those old 40ci Mercs? I thought APBA dropped the 40ci class when Merc came out with the 44xs way back in...what was it, 1988? Sorry, I'm not very good with the vintage/historical archives.
    Jeff Yungen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NBRA Silly

Quote Originally Posted by jeff55vDSH View Post
    What's Centralia? Is that a boat race? I don't see it on the APBA race schedule.
    And, you mean they still race those old 40ci Mercs? I thought APBA dropped the 40ci class when Merc came out with the 44xs way back in...what was it, 1988? Sorry, I'm not very good with the vintage/historical archives.
    NBRA silly. Not APBA. I know we almost had you talked into coming to the races last year for them, you just were not quite ready with the rig yet.

Take some more pain meds.... hehehehhe. Get well. Looks like you were on the inside of my teammate Shaun O'Leary in the 13M in that pic. Hope you at least gave him a bath on that pass !! Would love to see that Tahatsu on his boat, I bet if would be a killer combo.

Yes, NBRA still runs the old APBA Mod structure, the D is 40CI Mercs, and E is the 44CI Mercs. Super E is the big motors. (OMC, Yama, Tohatsu, etc) For the stocks, your APBA legal D Stock is a legal D in NBRA (40CI) class. Shaun is going to the NBRA Nats with his 44XS D stock to compete in the D class. I can't wait to see if he can beat the old man. I got my money on my dad right now.... if we can get the old girl back together. She suffered some damage a couple years ago when the mag hanger broke and advanced the timing instead of retarding it... dangit all. And those certain pistons are very hard to find, very very hard. Can find Merc pistons all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    NBRA silly. Not APBA.
    Sorry for the smack talk. Can I blame it on the pain meds?
    Yes, The 40 mods would be a handful. The 44 mods at the APBA North American Championships were a handful for my lil' Tohatsu too! If there were a good driver behind my wheel instead of me, I think the Tohatsu would'a won it. But now I'm just playing armchair quarterback eh?
    I'd better go take some more pills.
    Jeff Yungen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeff55vDSH View Post
    Sorry for the smack talk. Can I blame it on the pain meds?
    Yes, The 40 mods would be a handful. The 44 mods at the APBA North American Championships were a handful for my lil' Tohatsu too! If there were a good driver behind my wheel instead of me, I think the Tohatsu would'a won it. But now I'm just playing armchair quarterback eh?
    I'd better go take some more pills.
    Glad to hear, it sounds like your getting better.

Thread Information