For the past 30 years or so I have been quietly searching for the missing Gerry Waldman F Looper, serial number XF14. Over the years I have heard various stories about this elusive motor -- it was scattered and scrapped, it had been bought and then sold and then disappeared, even recent claims from someone out west that they thought they had found the motor -- but none of the stories could be documented & proven true until now. Really!

I received the most amazing call this weekend. Dick Ollhoff found an old 44 Looper 2 years ago that he bought and tucked away and forgot about. This weekend he finally dug it up and called me to find out who the original owner was in the Quincy Welding record book.

Yes, it was the missing Waldman XF14 Looper!! We did some background tracking on the motor and have definitely documented and verified (including tesimonial evidence from one of the previous owners) that Dick did actually find the Holy Grail of the Waldman Looper engines. Dick said he plans to restore the motor when he has time and take it to classic outboard shows.

Can you believe his luck? Dick said he had no clue at the time he bought it that it was anything special. Dick is now the proud owner of 2 Waldman Loopers -- yes, he also owns the Waldman C Looper that had belonged to Larry Latta.

This C and F are probably the last 2 engines that Gerry Waldman won with in 1972 before his fatal accident in D hydro at Hot Springs, Arkansas. Wayne Baldwin did post on BRF that Gerry won the high points at that meet by winning C and F hydro.

Dick, I know you will treasure these Loopers. Please post pictures here, when you finish restoring both of these historic engines so everyone else can enjoy them too.

thanks,

Paul A Christner