Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waldman F 44 Looper has been found!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waldman Articles

Attached are two articles on the late Jerry Waldman. As an ex-boat racer, I, too, am a pack rat just like Wayne. The first article is from an old automotive magazine, probably late 60's, as the motor on Jerry's hydro is a deflector Quincy Merc and not a looper.

The next article is from the August 72 Propeller and tells of the sad day in Arkansas.

I'm posting these for the young bucks to read as they have a lot of catching up to do to fill Jerry Waldman's shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waldman Articles

Looks like my attachments were way too big. Will post the automotive article again to see if I have it sized correctly now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waldman Articles

Keeping fingers crossed works every time !!

Here is the other article.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gerry Waldman ...

Has anyone kept up to date on his family?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Curiousity has the better of me!!

Dear Looper One.

Remember me? About four years ago, I called you and told you I was about to buy two 44F Loopers. You asked me from who, I told you. After I received them, I called you and you asked me if Pete Lewis owned the one in question. I called the guy I got them from and inded he confirmed it! I called you back, you then asked if Pete bought the one in question from Bill Rypkema (spelling) This was also confirmed. Bill told me that he and Larry Latta went to the Waldman state and bought Gerry's C Looper and his 44F. Larry owned the C and Bill owned the F. Paul, you then told me that I indeed owned the "Holy Grail" of the Loopers. I had a phone conversation with Larry Latta about this and he also confirmed it!

Now Paul, how can you undocument what you already documented? This site is called Boat Racing FACTS, right? Can you show us the linage in which your new documentation indeed proves FX14 is the one and only Waldman 44F? If you can, then I'm OK with it, everybody is intitled to a mistake, right Paul? But if not, then maybe some correction might be needed to these other posts concerning Gerry Waldman and his "Holy Grail".

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall that Gerry Waldman and Jerry Simison used to swap engines back-and-forth quite often. Does anyone know what happened to Jerry Simison's Loopers?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry Simison Loopers

Tim,

As a matter of fact, I recently "discovered" Jerry Simison's D Looper - it was sitting on a shelf in R C Hawie's museum for years. I've noticed it many times when visiting R C and we even talked about it but the last time I was there I made him get it down off the shelf and give me the engine number.

When I looked it up, FD-102, it shows up as Jerry's. Wow! I told R C to immediately move the engine to a safer place as this is a significantly historic engine. It's likely (but the research is still in progress) that Jerry won many D runabout championships with this engine. What a great find - and R C didn't even know what he had!

As I told Frank in a previous post, a while back, in a senior moment, I almost sold the entire collection of Quincy Welding dyno cards to a guy that I have since found to be, how shall we say, ethically challenged. I am so glad that I recovered my senses in time - it must have been divine intervention. Can you imagine where we would all be right now without such a great source (along with the serial number book) to verify and document engines with?

Happy Looper hunting everyone.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

PS: There are many famous Looper engines that have not yet turned up & been documented. Engines originally owned by Billy Seebold, Marshall Grant, John Woods, Ray Nydahl, Bruce Nicholson, Sheriff Hatton, Bruce Summers, Jim Schoch, Mel Kirts, Wayne Walgrave & others. I have the documentation if you find the motors! Really!

Thread Information