Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leecraft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got to ask.

Did you buy the boat fully rigged and where was there factory ? Must have been pretty close to be able to drive the boat back to Wisconson . Sorry , only kidding . Sounded good tho .

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mirage Tomcat

Actually, Chuck Zolkoske who drove the boat rigged it. I actually had to be in the south on business so combined business & vacation to pick up the boat. It was real nice looking as I had Brad lay it up in burgundy with 3 different grays stripes. On the way home it rained, was pretty upset that my new boat got wet & dirty.
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Louis Collin's laser

Does the Laser have a wing over the transom? Give me the boat number and I'll look through my contact sheets. I know I've got one of a V hull with a wing on it. I didn't take many pictures at the Kaukauna kilos until I got done with my run. When I picked my camera up Bob Hering was making his run. He started to get air and I hit the button. The motor drive was in slow motion. I forgot I had it set for only 1-1/2 frames per second instead of 4. Otherwise I could have run through a whole roll before Bob finished skipping across the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Laser

no wing that I know of, there's a few pics of it in the "show us your boat" thread under my name

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WharfRat View Post
    anyone got a pic of the 15' Laser that Louis set the kilo record with back around that time ?????
    This post is dated, but do you mean the Laser/Merc 150 that set the JP kilo record in Waco in Oct. 1981?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lee Craft 1975

Here is a shot of a Lee craft at the marathon nationals in 1975.I could be wrong on the year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wood Lee?

Is this the boat they made a mold from to make the glass Lee SJ???

Anyone wonder, besides me, why the LEE FAMILY was so fast in SJ?

California had some pretty fast SJ's but when push came to shove, Dave Lee seemed to win, as I recall...

Kim Howard, Kenny Hoffman, Ron Eisley.....were fast in California, but they never did much at St. Louis...

Who was the long haired guy, from Florida, that was fast as hell...Got hurt and quit.....Natural wood boats, cockpit way far forward....deep tunnel....???

Great class SJ..22 or more in COBRA alone...(California Out Board Racing Association)...COBRA.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-24-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Who was the long haired guy, from Florida, that was fast as hell...Got hurt and quit.....Natural wood boats, cockpit way far forward....deep tunnel....???

Great class SJ..22 or more in COBRA alone...(California Out Board Racing Association)...
    Doug Pearl..........

SJ evolved into something that seperated the boat racers from the posers in a hurry. You had to be on top of your game, setup, props etc to the point where only the most devoted and talented guys could compete. John Sherlock was one of the guys who continually raised the bar and Doug Pearl was another.
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sport J

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Doug Pearl..........

SJ evolved into something that seperated the boat racers from the posers in a hurry. You had to be on top of your game, setup, props etc to the point where only the most devoted and talented guys could compete. John Sherlock was one of the guys who continually raised the bar and Doug Pearl was another.
    Rich,
    Thanks for posting Doug Pearl, I just couldn't think of his name. He & Lee had some awesome races together. John also ran very well, but I do not recall him racing against Doug & David, at least me personally seeing them compete together. I also believe that Doug won several marathon national championships. I won 2 in "S" & third in the 3rd consecutive one & I believe he might have won SJ in all 3 of those.
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doug Pearl on Face Boat

Switzer Wings's Photos - Tunnel raceboats of the 60's and 70's

Photo 27 of 53 Back to Album · Switzer's Photos · Switzer's Profile

Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.

Doug Pearl- S J class - Miami Marine Stadium -photo courtesy of Mark Nelson

Thread Information