Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Rules...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Rules...

I was looking at the rules and Division 3 says "Stock Gearcase" for outboards. I have a 225 ProMax with a CLE. That is the stock gearcase for that motor. Would that run in Div. 3?

Also, what are rules regarding bolt-on mods? i.e. SVS, Light flywheel, 16 amp charging system, heads, reeds, exhaust tuner, exhaust adapter, etc.?

Post Thanks / Like

For the Parker Enduro 2007, all Division III boats shall have a stock (round nose) lower unit. All CLE units shall be considered "pointy nose" lower units and shall run in Division IV, V, or VI depending upon how the boat measures up. Check the rules and you should be able to fit yourself in. The engine rules state any outboard engine meaning just that-modify in any way you would like . Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Rod, glad to see your back on BRF. Were visiting "grandma" in wisconsin right now.

-Broc

Post Thanks / Like

WE WILL BE IN EAST DUBUQUE ILL. ON TUESDAY LATE AFTERNOON. BE THERE FOR TWO WEEKS. MAYBE YOU CAN JOIN US AT THE CABIN. FOR ANYONE WHO HAS QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PARKER RACE, CALL ME ON MY CELL (310) 488-3563, OTHERWISE, KEEP THE CARDS AND LETTERS COMING. GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN ROD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capnzee View Post
    For the Parker Enduro 2007, all Division III boats shall have a stock (round nose) lower unit. All CLE units shall be considered "pointy nose" lower units and shall run in Division IV, V, or VI depending upon how the boat measures up. Check the rules and you should be able to fit yourself in. The engine rules state any outboard engine meaning just that-modify in any way you would like . Rod
    Just because you say a round nose is stock is not so. If the motor came with a pointy gearcas stock, then it is stock for that motor. If you make someone run a round gearcase on the wrong motor then it is not a stock gearcase. Maybe you should just ban STOCK motors? I guess ya can call it what ya want seeing how it's your race.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The std fishing engine (round nose) LU must be stock, ie no add on nose cone or modified water pick up. That's not to be confused with that LU being installed on the same engine it was originally sold with. The stock term simply indicates that the case cannot be modified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fyremanbill View Post
    The std fishing engine (round nose) LU must be stock, ie no add on nose cone or modified water pick up. That's not to be confused with that LU being installed on the same engine it was originally sold with. The stock term simply indicates that the case cannot be modified.
    Thats not what he's saying.

Post Thanks / Like

What the rule means is motors that came with a pointy lower unit can't run in that class - they run in another class. That's pretty much the end of it.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't quite agree with much of the above posts. The rules clearly indicate what the power head may be in each class. Most classes state "any outboard engine" except div 1 where it's 2L and limits fuel choice. Then it goes on to list the type of gear case which can be run in each class. Last years winner had an S3000 "like" power head on a std fishing gearcase. This year I'm running a pile of junk parts, some pieces not sold in the same decade, much less the same model.

Post Thanks / Like

Putt'er together Bill, if you have a round nose unit and are over 2.0 you are in division III, if you are over 2.0 and have a pointy nose you are in Division IV. If you are 2.0 or under, check carb venturi measurements, you should be in Dvision I. I know you will want to play within the spirit of the rules and I think I understand what you mean when you speak of a pile of outdated parts.Measure the carb venturi's and the cc's, weigh your boat and you should know exactly what class you are in. Any questions, let's talk it over the phone. We want to keep this race as honest and simple as possible. Thanks much for your understanding and desire to run an honest race. Rod

Thread Information