Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about Rules...

Post Thanks / Like

Sure hope those low compression heads can run the "pump gas" supplied by the on sight fuel truck. Shouldn't be a problem, it will be 92 octane! Please don't bother to "fill up" at the local mobil, if you do, we can run it in my motor home--Div. I boats will run the 92 octane provided at race site. That is, if we get the 35 entries necessary to run the race. Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, I have a question on the rules. Per the stated rules, a small block engine is allowed to run in division 1 provided that is has a 2BBL carb. My question is what about a fuel injected motor? I have a person interested in running one of our boats in the enduro. It is definitely not a sure thing yet, but he is considering either running it himself or loaning it to us to run. The boat has a standard Mercury 6.2L small block engine. Per Mercury's website, it puts out 320h.p. Even though it is fuel injected, it has a very small throttle body with two air inlet holes.

Mercury Marine 6.2L Specifications

This boat was just tested last week by HotBoat Magazine and was documented that the top speed was 65.8mph.

Please make a ruling if this boat will fit into Division #1.

Thank you,
    Danny

Shocker Racing

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BADBLOWN572 View Post
    Gentlemen, I have a question on the rules. Per the stated rules, a small block engine is allowed to run in division 1 provided that is has a 2BBL carb. My question is what about a fuel injected motor? I have a person interested in running one of our boats in the enduro. It is definitely not a sure thing yet, but he is considering either running it himself or loaning it to us to run. The boat has a standard Mercury 6.2L small block engine. Per Mercury's website, it puts out 320h.p. Even though it is fuel injected, it has a very small throttle body with two air inlet holes.

Mercury Marine 6.2L Specifications

This boat was just tested last week by HotBoat Magazine and was documented that the top speed was 65.8mph.

Please make a ruling if this boat will fit into Division #1.

Thank you,
    Danny

Funny you should mention that because some buddies of mine were going to run a blown small block in a gn style boat with one of Pat Hobans 2 barrel fuel injectors! Funny thing is the damn thing was a complete pig with a 4 barrel.

I think that would be a damn fine divison 1 boat! Good chance at the gold too! Rod, Ross there is another potential customer...

Post Thanks / Like

LET NO BOAT BE LEFT BEHIND!!!!!If you are honest with me, I will be honest with you. I agree that this is definitely a Division I boat as I see it in the picture posted above. If we are talking about the same boat, the blue and white I/O, pictured with full upholstery, then please get it registered fast!!! This is exactly the kind of production boat we are looking for. Please call me with any questions, but above all, get in touch with Ross, tell him you have talked to me and have been given the GO, all things being on the level this is a great addition to the race--got any more just like it? Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capnzee View Post
    LET NO BOAT BE LEFT BEHIND!!!!!If you are honest with me, I will be honest with you. I agree that this is definitely a Division I boat as I see it in the picture posted above. If we are talking about the same boat, the blue and white I/O, pictured with full upholstery, then please get it registered fast!!! This is exactly the kind of production boat we are looking for. Please call me with any questions, but above all, get in touch with Ross, tell him you have talked to me and have been given the GO, all things being on the level this is a great addition to the race--got any more just like it? Rod
    Possibly. We are building a bullet right now that should be pretty competitive if I can get it done in time. If we can't, we will be running a Div IV boat. No matter what, we will be out there running.

The only thing that we will be doing no matter what boat we run, is to pull off the back hatch. I want the drivers & pit crew to have easy access to the engine compartment in need of a failure or other catestrophic event. Other than that, we will leave in full interior if we are running that boat in Div 1.
    Shocker Racing

Post Thanks / Like

Just get registered-we need the boats --we need the race--and we need to have a lotta fun! Boat racing has gotten to be too serious without the good old fashioned fun we had for years. Rod

Thread Information