Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Autograph Collection

Post Thanks / Like

Default B Looper with Konig Gearcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Cadle View Post
    Dale & Cliff, 1972.
    This looks like the B Looper that I raced in 1967 for Harry Bartolomei. Any history on this motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Lee Sutter at DePue in 1972. I can't think of who V-1 is. Can't tell who the inside boat is, but kind of looks like the way Jim Stone kneels in a runabout.
    Wayne, it's my grandfather's runabout. My wager is it is Loren Kaus. Jim did not drive for us.
    "Sis"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Wayne; the photo to which Ms. Cadle refers (Page 13) of Lee Sutter and another 350 runabout running together is probably a rarity in showing the engine Sutter was running.. Though you might not see it at a glance, what jumped out at me was that "Suds" (Charles "Honker" Walters had his own nicknames for everybody) was running one of the last of the Seattle-style Anzanis developed by Jim Hallum and Ron Anderson, and that it had bounce-pipes, the local term in those days for expansion chambers. Up to that point they had kept the poor old Anzanis competitive with open megaphones, lots of carburetion, and a heavy dose of nitro. Once they got the bounce-pipes sorted out, they didn't use nitro again. Those curving ram's-horn pipes coming out of the top and bottom of the Anzani block made for a unique sight, besides being a lot of cutting/fitting/welding.

With the cast iron Anzani block, and all the carbs and pipes and mechanisms, that had to be a top-heavy set-up, but if you wanted a driver who could set up and prop and work with the crankiest of boat/motor combinations, Lee Sutter was The Man.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alan Ishii: 80 Years of Family Friendship

I will be attending Phil Nichols Memorial this coming Wednesday, 1/11/2017. I'm hoping my brother, Alan, will be there.

Wayne, this autograph section gets better every time I look at it. Thanks for posting it.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-09-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Great Picture of Alan Ishii and Ray Rodda

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    This is one I've been after for a long while. I wasn't sure I would ever get it. When Al Davis showed up at the Lone Star Boat Racing Association at the Baytown Boat Club in 2006, I did not have a picture for him to sign. I had a lot of the locals, but he was in the Dallas area. I guess with all the hype I should have come prepared, but I didn't expect Tommy Posey from that same area to show up either. Nor Jim Slack from Lufkin.

Then when Joe Flow had Jim and Sean McKean, Denny Henderson, Jim's pit man Billy, and the ever elusive Dick Frye show up at Corsicana to test the "Hot Foot", I wasn't expecting to see Al there. He is a quiet reserved type of guy, but steadfast to the end. At DePue, I was finally able to get his autograph on a photo I took of him in his hydro at Firebird Lake near Phoenix in 1976. Imagine having to travel all the way to DePue to get the autograph. Well...anyway I finally got it, and here it is. Thanks Al.
    I'm not sure what year, but seems this maybe up in Michigan!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The picture of Alan Ishii and Ray Rodda Was taken at Winona Minnesota. It was the Grain Belt Pro Nationals in 1975. I took a lot of pictures that year because I hadn't recovered from my crash on Memorial Day yet. Tim Butts drove our 250 and 350 hydros and Charlie Bailey ran 1 heat with our 500 hydro and set a record.

Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, crewman060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a test for posting pictures

clayton-test-2.jpg

img300.jpg

Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

computer guy finally figured a way to do it. All my old pictures are now too large. I have to shrink new ones and go about it differently. Don't know how much of a pain it will be, but I will try to learn once again a new way to get pictures on here. Have to make chili now.

Likes Mark75H, crewman060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don't like it thatScan10676.JPG way

Likes crewman060 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe that it's been that long since I posted here. Think I have several new photos I haven't posted yet. However, I did get some new ones today. Steve Wetherbee and I went to see his uncle Tommy at a nursing home in Alice, Texas. Steve was planning on bringing Tommy to my house to visit, look at my little boat racing museum and sign the photos, but he fell and messed up his his pelvis a week or two before he was to come over. Tommy had to go to a nursing home, or a rehab place to get through all his convalesence and since he has been doing well, Steve and I went to Alice today to visit and get the photos signed. We spent a very nice hour and a half visit outside under a wooden canopy. Tommy was doing very well and was very happy to see us. We will go back soon to visit again. Tomorrow or the next day I will post the pictures.

Thanks Jeff Lytle thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff Lytle liked this post

Thread Information