Thread: Autograph Collection

Threaded View

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Remo and Guiseppe Landini

I remember the Landini's from Berlin 1976. I got to Berlin before my teammate David Westbrook and had three new propriders to rig up. An OA, OB and OD. Remo and Guiseppe Landini with their pit crew showed up standing just outside a large door on the backside of Dieter's factory. I climbed out of the cockpit of one of the boats and walked up to them. It was Guiseppe I spoke to first. The first words we had each of us discovered that we had a language gap. Guiseppe touched his own chest with a finger and said either Landini or Guiseppe, I forgot which. Then he touched my chest and asked "Tu?" I didn't respond so he again touched his chest and named himself, then touched me and asked once more "Tu?" , at which point I said "Wayne". Although we never actually had conversations, with sign language and a common love of boat racing we became friends. We pitted next to the Landini's at the race and helped each other. Over a number of years we exchanged Christmas cards. I loaned Guiseppe one of my boats, and he almost won the OB World Championships in 1978. This photo was taken in Berlin. It was signed by both Remo and Guiseppe as well as a couple of their pit men. I don't know what the greeting says.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information