Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Autograph Collection

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know George Scudder Allen, but the first three were friends of mine. I'm not sure who all are "Long Islanders" but, yeah I've got a lot of pictures of some of them including Jim Gohery and Dick Scopinich with the "Happy Valley" team. From time to time I see someone post stuff on the Eastern Outboard Racing Club. I'll try to post some of the guys on that thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics of Rex Hall, Jr. In the first one he is talking to Hans Krage at Firebird Lake in Phoenix. The second one was also at Firebird Lake in a test session in 1976. It appeared on the inside cover of Powerboat. The final one was also in Powerboat, but taken at the Eastern Divisionals in Gadsden Alabama. He came into the pits hot and wanted to alert his pit men that if they weren't quick, they would be drying out a motor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    This one of Bob Rusnak was taken when he won the 250 hydro nationals at Hinton, West Virginia in 1977. I didn't know Bob when I took the picture back then. I have gotten to know him better....especially since his daughter Lorraine married Sean McKean. In February Bob will have a Texan grandbaby.
    Wayne, both me and my wife Kathie were thrilled to see the picture of my boat "Miss Lorraine" on BRF. This is a picture of the boat just before the 1977 Nationals with Lorraine sitting in it. Now so many years later Lorraine is married to a great boat racer (Sean McKean) and will "maybe" another racer will follow in Dec. Great to see you at Lake Alfred last week. What a great event and thank you ....Bob Rusnak N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jeff Hutchins

I had gotten an autograph from Jeff Hutchins at Alex in 1980 at the first round of autographed pics. It was one of him in I think A stock hydro at Kaukauna in 1976. You can go back to the beginning of this thread to check that out. I had this pic of Jeff driving a Yale at San Antonio, Texas at the Pro Nationals with me at Lake Alfred. I had hoped Jeff would show up....and sure enough he did.

We talked about some old races and Jeff was still the smooooth guy he always was. Relaxed...talked about racing...remembered when I chased him two heats at Alex...and said "You told me I was Speedy Gonzales...You kept catching up to me...but I would squirt ahead!".

Over the years Joe Rome and I talked about different drivers and we always figured Jeff to be the most cool headed. He never got rattled. He never worried about the start. He didn't seem to bother about his starting position. And he didn't seem surprised to be the first one to see the checkered flag drop when he crossed the start/finish line.

I was very happy to visit with Jeff at Lake Alfred, and had some other things to talk about, but that's the way it is when you see too many old friends to spend time with in such a limited amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

This pic was taken of Gary Pugh early on in his career when he was the man to beat in 125 hydro. I think it was taken at Alex in 1976. I had a couple of good visits with him. He got me though when I was trying to find directions to Lake Alfred from Winter Park. My son Andrew was picked up at the airport by his friend David Montgomery a couple of days earlier and were staying at Winter Park where David attends college. I had asked Ralph Donald if he knew where Winter Park was and he told me Bill Hosler could tell me. I found Bill talking to Gary. I asked Bill "Do you know how to get from Winter Park to Lake Alfred?" Bill says "Winter Park or Winter Haven?" With a big grin Gary says "You're already here!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I can't really remember this driver. It appears to be Bill Berkholdt, but I can't remember him. The pit man lifting his boat out of the water is Otto Markus No, 99 from Hagen, West Germany.
    Hey Wayne,
    its me once again Peer Krage i cannot believe how much stuff about the old times you put in BRF i could quote to so many treads but on this one i can tell
    you the truth this Bill is called Bill Berkei and he is my father in law.
    He was for several years the mechanic of Ötte Markus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peer. What a coincedence. All around the world, BRF is the place to come for information on boat racing. I got your E mail with the autographed card. I am going to send to you a picture I took of you at Lakeland in 1993 for your autograph also.

ADD: Did you show your Father-in-Law the picture?
    Last edited by Master Oil Racing Team; 11-23-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: add comment

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first of many of my photo's I was able to get signed at the Old Phart's Convention at Ralph Donald's place in Naples, Florida.

It was great to once again visit with Ron Anderson.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure miss Walt Blankenstein. We had some good laughs and experiences together. He and my Dad were great friends. They were both outspoken and not afraid to say what they thought. This was Walt and Ron and Don Anderson in the pits at Alexandria, Louisiana in 1973.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill Seebold, Jr. driving Miss Folsom for Marshall Grant. This would be the last alky nationals Bill drove before going full time OPC. It was DePue in 1972. It looks like Bill Van in front.

Thread Information