Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Names from the past.

Tomtall

Post Names from the past.

The following post's are from "Boatsport" Magazines archive web site @ http://boatsport.org/ It is a list of Dealers,Shops,Boat builders,etc. during that era.See if you remember them! If you have stories about them please share!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tomtall

Post Names

Page #2

Tomtall

Post Names

page #3

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default other names from the past

Does anyone out there recognize the following namesw and know what they all had in common?---Jim Schock-Arlen Crouch- Fred Goehl--Bob Herring- Gerry Waldman ? Put on your hats guys...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a clue...

But, I'll guess, they all started in "A" Stock Hydro...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fred tyson
    Does anyone out there recognize the following namesw and know what they all had in common?---Jim Schock-Arlen Crouch- Fred Goehl--Bob Herring- Gerry Waldman ? Put on your hats guys...
    O.F. Christner?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dr thunder is close

You are almost correct, as all these guys were topnotch drivers and campaighned the quincy engines for their racing, part of them worked for OF at one time, just checking to see if anyone out there remembered these guys. Remember Waldman and Herring sitting in their 350 class boats at the Mid-South Championships that wer held in Knoxville Tn. in the early 60tys. they wer flipping a coin and when I asked my father what they wer doing , he replied , deciding who is going to win this heat, I thought that was pretty arrogant till I saw those two get around the race course.. real drivers with real equiptment all american made

Post Thanks / Like

Default Popular Boating Photos Dec 1959

After seeing Tomtall's posts from Boat Sport, I thought might someone might like seeing these old pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ross Go!!

Not sure I'm right, but it seems that ws Burt Ross's boat's name..."ROSS GO"... Burt Ross played college Football...he his wife and Jack Leek's wife (OMC Racing director) were sisters.

That 59-R is a Calkins Runabout...not many...Paul Woodroffe and Lee Sutter each had one...loved the workmanship, and the design...they had a Vee bottom, and they rode on one side at speed ..fast

I have to admit, Arlen Crouch is a name that did not ring a bell...but Waldman and Herring could drive HYDROS....Schock could drive both...Won't give an opinion of Freddy Goehl, but heard noithing but great things about his driving...never saw him in action....

Doug Creech set a C OUTBOAR/ALKY Hydro record at Salton Sea in 1952 with a Swift Hydro. It had a deck more like a Mishey than that of a Swift. I want to say the KILO record was 62 and a half...becasue Salton Sea was 150 feet below sea level, most Outboard records were set and held at Salton Sea...

But, Am I wrong that they all race A Stock Hydro???
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-09-2005 at 09:12 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ... and the answer

Quote Originally Posted by fred tyson
    You are almost correct, as all these guys were topnotch drivers and campaighned the quincy engines for their racing, part of them worked for OF at one time, just checking to see if anyone out there remembered these guys. Remember Waldman and Herring sitting in their 350 class boats at the Mid-South Championships that wer held in Knoxville Tn. in the early 60tys. they wer flipping a coin and when I asked my father what they wer doing , he replied , deciding who is going to win this heat, I thought that was pretty arrogant till I saw those two get around the race course.. real drivers with real equiptment all american made
    Fred ... you never told us what the answer was to your question.

PS: Where is Bob Hering now ... what is he doing?

Thread Information