Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Parker or Bust!

647and918

Default Parker or Bust!

This is the boat I'm trying to put together in time for Parker next month... I'll try to put up better pictures as it progresses... I don't have anything "running" right now; I blew up the lower unit a while back and it isn't back together yet!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Nice rig

Very nice !

One word of caution though, If it were mine, I would toss the VRO set up and go back to mixin the oil myself.
    Jeff 93-C

Post Thanks / Like

Default VRO Problem????

I have 23, 45 SS Powerheads, all with one stuck piston...Are you telling me there might be a problem with the VRO???

Hmmm...OMC never mentioned a problem!!!

JEff, if I had an "EXTRA" boat would you come and run Parker???

I've made a deal on a Stoker.....No "KILLER" motor...just a ride, maybe co-drive with Broc!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Akers View Post
    Very nice !

One word of caution though, If it were mine, I would toss the VRO set up and go back to mixin the oil myself.
    that is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw the oil tank in the back of the boat! Do it with Merc V6's too!

BTW: that is a sweet looking Stoker, even with the OMC V8 on back............
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I have 23, 45 SS Powerheads, all with one stuck piston...Are you telling me there might be a problem with the VRO???

Hmmm...OMC never mentioned a problem!!!

JEff, if I had an "EXTRA" boat would you come and run Parker???

I've made a deal on a Stoker.....No "KILLER" motor...just a ride, maybe co-drive with Broc!!!!
    Ron, whatcha talkin' about? 45SS motors do not have VRO (oil injection)!!

dem must be "fishin" powerheads ya have there........

mixing oil and gas...........you ONLY have yourself to blame, if the motor skids a piston, due to lack of oil...........

if the engine manufactures always alerted owners of a "known" issue, they would probably be all out of business..................

but, if you own and OMC or Merc (pre-OptiMax) with oil injection .........................pull the **** off, before damage is caused! I have (2) 150 V6 Merc here I am rebuilding, that the oil injection failed..............and damn sure I WILL NOT be putting it back on! Plus, Mercs run alot better (and faster) with more oil!!!!!!

PS: I even yanked the oil injection off my D Tohatsu.........
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Blame Me...

Yes, FISHING POWERHEADS.... I do know, though Chad doesn't agree, that when Broc put generator gas in his 45 he oil made a lap before the engine stuck!!! Oil is GOOD in outboards!!!

I went RIGHT by that Honda Outboard dealer, today...and DIDN't think of you!!!!!When it cools off, I'll do something....What, I don't know!!!

One thing I have learned abour Merc V-6's and their oil tanks....you need to keep the cap on tight!!! Why if there is an oil pump on the motor does the oil tank have to have pressure????

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, FISHING POWERHEADS.... I do know, though Chad doesn't agree, that when Broc put generator gas in his 45 he oil made a lap before the engine stuck!!! Oil is GOOD in outboards!!!

I went RIGHT by that Honda Outboard dealer, today...and DIDN't think of you!!!!!When it cools off, I'll do something....What, I don't know!!!

One thing I have learned abour Merc V-6's and their oil tanks....you need to keep the cap on tight!!! Why if there is an oil pump on the motor does the oil tank have to have pressure????
    yep, oil is good!!!

as to the oil cap (yep, it must be tight) and needing pressure...............long story, but the answer I would give you...................I do not care, as the damn OIL INJECTION should be tossed in the **** can........ You have been warned.......

now, get your butt back out in the scorching heat and check on that motor for me......purdy please.

I gotta go finish loading my race trailer now...................Yelm is this weekend............1 2/3 and 1 1/4 mile courses.....................can you say LONG!!!!! Sure hope Wayne has a big wheel for my CSR!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yelm, And San Diego

I always thought Yelm was the same weekend as San Diego...

Wayne as in Peters???? Just use John's (Peters) CSH wheel!! And let her EAT!!!

Good luck.... finding the lake...Damn, no street signs up there!

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Yelm was the same weekend as San Diego...

Wayne as in Peters???? Just use John's (Peters) CSH wheel!! And let her EAT!!!

Good luck.... finding the lake...Damn, no street signs up there!

yep....WayneCo! John's CSH wheel is Jimmy O's, so no chance in hell of using that! The Pavlick 20SSH/CSH rig is Jimmy O's, and he is the only one that does any setup on it and uses his own props (much to Wayne's dislike at times).

I just gave Tony L. directions over the phone this afternoon and he found the lake............no problem..........there are street signs now and the roads are paved........no wagons and horses anymore.............
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

647and918

Default Thanks...

...for the kind words and the advice with the VRO... I was thinking I'd take it apart and mix oil/gas for the race, if for no other reason than to NOT have to worry about the plastic tank cracking during the race...

I haven't ever torn one off before... What do I need to know??? Is it as simple as just pulling the tank and plugging the lines, or is there a pump on the engine that I need to pull off and/or disable? Is the fuel pump separate or will I need an external fuel pump once the VRO is disabled?

I don't even have it here right now to look, so I hope these aren't "odd or stupid" questions that will be obvious once I pull the cowling off...

Thanks!

Steve...

Thread Information