Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Parker or Bust!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fat Chance

Yea, your wife won't mind if go to the lake christmas eve, not much. About the coming over part, it's doubtful. Lori will be back on Friday and we're leaving for the border two hours after she gets back.

Did you see that there is a race in Oroville in Feb. I wonder what the dates are. I believe I know some people up there (seems to me I might have an ex-wife in that area) but then again where don't I have an ex.

If you get the brick out this week let me know how it goes

DAD

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wake Up You Lazy Butts

Come on it's the day after Christmas and all the big sales on lights are on. How do you expect to get that house decorated next year.

Are you going to get togeather with Sid this week? Have you heard anything from uncle RON about the hub kit? What do you think about Oarville in Feb? It would be a long tow (6-8 hours from here), but it would be nice to see Johnny again (not to mention MaryJane).

I may not be able to make Bakersfield in March. Whens the next race after that? and where?

All for now, get up and get busy......

647and918

Default Haven't been out...

I didn't go out X-Mas Eve... Too much to do to get ready for yesterday... We were missing Kathleen, Todd and their crew and Randy and his wife, but still had around 25 yesterday... Smaller group than normal, but it was fun...

I haven't made specific plans with Sid yet, I'll try to call him in the next couple of days once everything is settled a little... What I may do is run out to Pleasant a couple of minutes one day just to see if the adjustment helped, and wait until I can get a hub kit from Ron so I can try a couple of his props... Got an extra 40 bucks? See if you can get together with Ron if he heads up to Apple Valley and get one for me... You owe me at least that much in bets you have so far avoided paying off...

I doubt I'll go up to Oroville... Mapquest puts that 12.5 hours from here (830 miles), and that's not towing... Never say never, but I suppose it depends on how well it's running and what the cash situation looks like... If you can't make Bakersfield in March, it looks like there is a race at Parker in April...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry

You didn't solve the problem. If you have a straight edge long enough run it between the plates, and then check the hook at the transom. Thats all thats left. Your right, maybe it just hasen't been this fast before. We can check with Dr. Stoker and see what he says. Maybe he can think of a quick fix or has some RX. The big problem I see now is that it is going to get worse the faster it goes. Putting a lifting prop on it may be a little bit of a thrill ride. As I see it the last resort is the bottom, I'm just not so sure it's not the gear case causing the problem. If anyone would know it would be the old owner or Dr. Stoker.

Can you stick your gas tanks to check the fuel level, or is there anything on that side of the boat that would cause extra weight? I'm running out of ideas. Oh by the way, did you happen to notice where the water is coming from or is that still a mystery?

Parker in April sounds great. At least it's equal distance for both of us, and I can't think of anything to stop us. But I'm sure gonna miss not being able to see my ex-wife. (hahaha) As far as the hub kit I can pick it up at Apple Valley marine no problem and I suppose I can spare the bucks, but then there is still the problem of getting it to you unless we meet half way at either Parker or Laughlin (just a thought)

All for now....

Allen J. Lang

Question Blue Brick

Hey Steve Jr.- Are you going to break the ice at the Lake? It will deffinately SLOW you down. Where is our GLOBAL WARMING? Good luck getting things worked out, but, if I were you, pick warmer weather.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice ?????

I was told it never got cold over there. Whats this about ice. Have you heard when the rules meeting is going to be? I do want to be there to lobby for a class reduction for us. The only way we're ever going to win this thing is to start in division 1 and tie anchors to everyone else. I know the idea was to just have fun but now I want a chance at the big trophy. If anyone sees me in the pits walking around with a cordless drill it just means I'm trying to even the odds a little.

I'm thinking I might make Bakersfield still. It may cost me a marriage, but then I've been there before. Besides alimony is cheaper then what she costs me now. Anyone out there seen any single boat racing type women (young) I may be an old gezzer but I can still dream.....

Let me know when your going out again

647and918

Default Re: Ice

Well, it wasn't quite THAT cold... I was in shorts yesterday though because I knew I'd have to get a little wet to get it back on the trailer... Maybe that's why I only went fast enough to find the porpoise (or whether or not it was still there) and not all out...

Thanks for the kind words Allen... Don't much buy into the whole global warming thing myself... Wasn't it the late 70's/early 80's when we were supposed to be heading for a mini ice age??? It's supposed to be back up to 70 for New Years... I may have to wait until then to go back out!

Now let's see... On to answer all the misc stuff from the old man...

(1) I don't believe this is all from the bump under the ski pole... I still think I need to adjust the plates more to get it right... I didn't take tools with me yesterday, just ran out quickly to see if my earlier adjustment helped... (I think it did help, but probably not enough)

(2) It may be the gearcase causing the problem, but I'm not going to do anything to raise the motor until I know what the height rule is for next year...

(3) If anything, there is too little weight on that side, not enough... My rather large rear is on the drivers side (obviously) and I took the seat and front gas tank out of the other side... I don't need to "stick" the remaining tanks to see that they're full... I have been filling them up before I go and can see down the filler tube that they are full...

(4) If you pick up a hub kit from Ron (and a prop to test if you can) I would be willing to meet in the middle to see how it runs... I'd rather do Parker or Havasu than Laughlin, but if you're buying the room in Laughlin I'd be willing to go the extra few miles...

(5) As much as I like the family of that particular ex wife, you do remember that she's a little nuts... Right???

(6) I still haven't heard about a date for the rules meeting... I can't come over right now to go, so I'm not asking either... If you can make the meeting, see if you can find out from Ross when it will be...

(7) You ought to try to figure out how to hang on to your current wife... Your odds of replacing this one are rapidly decreasing...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You Know What They Say About The Crazy Ones

Yea she might have been a little nuts, but she liked BOATS, and wasen't a half bad skier. Remember I also have an ex in the Laughlin area, but lets not talk about her. Oh yea and then theres the one in Scottsdale, she to liked boats and was a great skier....Ah to be young and stupid again.

Let me know when you go out again and try to take Sid with you.

Just a thought, but could the brick be trying to lift up onto the pad, and falling back.

I'll try to get hold of Ron for the hub kit, but I think I threw away his cell phone number. Micky out at Apple Valley Marine should have it. I'll run out there today or when I get back to town (day after New Years).

*Ross if you read this when is the rules meeting?????????
    *Alan Stoker if you read this tell us whats wrong????????
    *Ron Hill if you read this let me know when and where I can pick up a kit???

Anyone else who reads this let me know where I can find a boat racing wife?

647and918

Default The sad thing is...

Quote Originally Posted by steve sr. View Post
    Yea she might have been a little nuts, but she liked BOATS, and wasen't a half bad skier. Remember I also have an ex in the Laughlin area, but lets not talk about her. Oh yea and then theres the one in Scottsdale, she to liked boats and was a great skier....Ah to be young and stupid again.

Let me know when you go out again and try to take Sid with you.

Just a thought, but could the brick be trying to lift up onto the pad, and falling back.

I'll try to get hold of Ron for the hub kit, but I think I threw away his cell phone number. Micky out at Apple Valley Marine should have it. I'll run out there today or when I get back to town (day after New Years).

*Ross if you read this when is the rules meeting?????????
    *Alan Stoker if you read this tell us whats wrong????????
    *Ron Hill if you read this let me know when and where I can pick up a kit???

Anyone else who reads this let me know where I can find a boat racing wife?
    The sad thing is that the list of ex-wives isn't even complete... You aren't a quick learner, are you?

It's not lifting onto the pad and dropping, that would be more straight up and down like the Howard used to do... This is definitely a porpoise; the nose starts to lift and dive... I'm going to try tweaking the plates some more and take some tools out with me so I can adjust it on the ramp... I want to try to clear it up before I try other props (although it is entirely possible that a different prop would help)... It's been pretty quiet out there the last couple of times I've gone out... The last two times I was out there I just left the truck on the ramp instead of parking, so I should be able to pull it in and out fairly quickly even if I'm out there alone...

If you can get the hub kit that would be great... If I can get the porpoise worked out and get the hub kit I'll try some of the props that Sid has (and actually open it up all the way because someone will be out there with me)...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hub Kit

I went out to Apple Valley Marine yesterday and they are closed until the 2nd. I'll try again when I get back from my trip. Mickey may just have one out there (he has everything else). Didn't see any answers from Al or Ron so they may be shut down until then also. I was going to try to call Dr Stoker but that can wait tell I get back as well.

No takers on the search for a new step mom for you guys either guess I'll just have to try oldfarts.com. or keep the one I got. She ain't so bad, besides when we go racing it's like a little mini vacation. She told me the other day that I get one race a year and thats it. I think you know what my response was when I quit laughing.

Oh yea, and I'm really up at 4am writing this. It's so frigging cold over here. Last night it was back in the low 20"s. God my gas bill is going to be huge. I may have to take out a loan just to pay it. OK done with the complaints.

While your out there at the lake look for the leak!!!! That may be the only reason to get the bottom done, and it's an easy sell to your wife (honey it's not safe with a leak). Course she may want you to convert it into a planter if you spend any more money on it. (the BIG BLUE PANTER BOX)

I'll let you know as soon as I get ahold of either Mickey Ron or Al

Thread Information