Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

Thread: Parker or Bust!

647and918

Default Make reservations...

I'll buy when we get there... I'm running around too much today to try to find somewhere to stay... I'm fine with Harbour Inn... It was pretty far from Bluewater, but was nice to be able to get on Havasu to run when we wanted to and the BBQ and kitchen worked out well... Donna is definitely NOT going... I'm not sure about Stephen...

Don't know if I'm racing... I'm going to try to get on the lake tomorrow or Friday if the weather is decent to see how we're running... I don't want to pay a late fee on top of the entry fee, so I need to figure it out by Monday or I'm definitely NOT running (still dragging the boat up, but won't be racing)...

I'll give Sid a call this afternoon to see what he's planning...

647and918

Default The verdict is...

I ran right about half an hour at Pleasant today and have about a quarter tank left on the drivers side... I didn't run it out of gas on that side like I wanted to because I launched poorly off a wake and the freaking seat bracket broke again... It was a fun feeling with the three of us (me, boat, seat) all facing different directions in mid-air... I don't think anything else broke but I'll check it out over the weekend to be sure...

Depending on how long laps actually were at Parker last year, we're running about 5-10 mph faster than we were then based on the time and distance I ran today... I think we need a good 10 mph more to even be reasonably competitive this year, and I'm not sure where I'm going to get it...

If I don't do a center tank, I think I'll want to put in a small tank with an electric pump that will always stay full... It did sputter a few times as it emptied and we'll pretty much have to be able to run them bone dry...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks Like

This is back up and running. Five days without and according to my wife I'm in withdrawls (BRF that is).

Sid, if your out there, we are staying at Bransons. It's at 7804 Riverside Dr. (about 5 or 6 miles north of Bluewater. My youngest son and I will be getting in around 8-8:30 Friday. I'm not sure about Steve I think he wants to run a little on Friday. Anyhow we'll be doing brauts and stuff Saturday night and your welcome to join us. Don't think we've ever stayed at Bransons and don't know much about it. Do know that the rooms have kitchens and last I spoke with them they had one or two rooms left at $91 per night. Way cheaper then BWRC and we can save a little more by doing our own food (god i'm getting cheap in my old age). They don't supply hardware for the cooking but jr's got camping stuff and i've got paper plates.

Looking forward to seeing you up there.

STEVE SR.

647and918

Who's bringing the beer? We need to put some numbers on this thing and I haven't been drinking enough today to do it...

See you tomorrow night...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strawberry Hill

I don't work well on beer, but a few bottles of Strawberry Hill and you'll have more numbers then you need. Are we going to glass the tanks back in tonight and fix the leak in the bottom too. Ahhhh I remember the nights. Is there enough light on the river to test at midnight????? No luck on the open face helmet so I guess the drivers will have to look out for us.

By the way the only beer I'm bringing is for the brauts (not brats) to swim in sat night. I'm sure Jodie will have some or we can count on SID to bring it. Is he running or is he going to be part of our crew. We should be there between 8 and 8:30 if traffic is nice to us.

Do I need to bring masking tape or are you joking about the numbers. I don't do free hand very well. If we're painting tonight bring some hot lights as the dart will have to be dry before the numbers go on.

See you at BRANSONS!!!!!!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So What Have You Done Lately

Has the boat been to see the prop shaft doctor yet? If not when? You need to buff out that Dart you painted, use a black background and spray it on. Come on get off your a$$ and get to work. Why are you sitting around. You know there is only six mor months (180days) to race day. If you only do one thing a day will be ready by x-mas........Oh well enough ragging. I'll yak at you later....

647and918

Default Ron - Can you fix this for me?

If it's not one thing it's another...

We went to Parker this weekend thinking we'd run NE... The boat was in the water for about a minute before it slung a blade and twisted the carrier... I think I probably cracked it last week when I launched the boat, but it's hard to tell... We were able to get the carrier pounded back in place, but now I'm in the market for a good prop... I'm thinking a 28 with some lift to try to get the boat out of the water... I'm very low budget right now... Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-16-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Budget

There is no such thing as low budget in boat racing. Ron Hill might give you a break if you put his name on the boat as a sponser. I"m going to call the guy at "River Rats" and see if he wants to pay for a large canopy with his name on it and maybe help out a little in other ways.

I'm going to be out of touch for a few weeks (the U.S. Open is at Torreypines and I'm in charge of the security detail). It should give me a few extra bucks as all the shifts are 14 hours, and even if I'm not working I'll be making a few bucks off the guys I have there. Every little bit helps. I'm leaving town saturday morning at O dark 30.

Steve seriously have that prop shaft checked before you run the boat again. If it's bent it needs to come out, there is no sense doing any more damage to it. Even after it's checked you should check it again with the prop on it to see if the weight makes a difference in the wobble.

I'll talk to you before I go out of town

DAD

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where you been

We got moved off the front page do to lack of use. I can't believe I haven't posted anything since April 16th.
    If the strike thing goes on the 4th we should have enough cash to do what we want, even if it means a new motor and a step down to div I.
    Call me later and let me know how the race is going I'm working from 2 to 10. I missed more races this year because of work (sucks)

later

Thread Information