Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Parker or Bust!

647and918

Default Re: Working on the boat...

I am working on the boat... I yanked the two extra fuel pumps that weren't connected to anything along with the excess fuel line... I also pulled the "manual" fuel tank selector valve and I'm installing the electric version... The two side tanks are now tied together on one side of the selector switch and the front tank is connected to the other... Hopefully I'll get the lower unit back in the next week or two because I need to see how smooth the transition is from one to the other, although I'm pretty sure it will be better than getting up, walking to the back of the boat, and manually switching tanks!!!

I remember the Avenger, but I don't remember his name... He actually ran that thing with the 300 when he was ski racing didn't he? If I remember correctly, it wasn't running all that bad when the fuel tank came apart...

I spent too many years getting up at 4am to sleep in that late, even now that I don't have to get up... I'm pretty sure I'm up by 7:00 at the latest even when I've been up too late the night before...

Too hot and humid to be working this the garage in the afternoon, I'm taking a break for a few hours...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default boat racing B/S

I thought it was just us old folks that forgot stuff. There were two guys that ran those big 300hp mercs. in ski racing. One on the Avenger and one on a Lazer. Back then you couldn't run a 300 at Parker so we swaped my motor onto his boat. I think the 200 that Dick built us was faster anyway. I know we beat both of them at Lake Mead in the 187 boat and you know how heavy that thing was. That was a 20' Hawiian. It sure made a nice rough water ski racer. Of course the skiier helped. Thats when we were pulling the Aussies and Chuck Stearns nephue. Sounds like you have been working your butt off on the boat, keep it up, we need to test. I want to see 100mph on that fancy speedo of yours.

647and918

Default Hmmm...

I'll need more duct tape to get to 100...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

please refer to it as 100mph tape. people will think its slow otherwise.

647and918

Default It is slow...

Right now it only goes as fast as I can paddle...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Duct Tape

Do You Have Enough Duct Tape To Wrap The Whole Boat. That Two Peice Deck Will Be Scarry At 100+. When Do We Start The Count Down To Testing....next Week Is Good For Me. Dont Want To Wait Until It Gets Cold At My Age A River Bath Could Be Fatal, But Then Again At My Age Almost Anything Could Be Fatal....does Your Wife Know We Are Going Out To Play Race Boat? Are The Numbers On It Yet Or Are We Doing That Friday Night Before The Race With A Spray Can.... Bye

647and918

I don't have any duct tape right now; I think that's part of my problem...

I can't test without the lower unit... Well, I suppose we could sit in the boat and make engine noises if it will make you feel better, but I'd need to bring a fan so you can feel the wind...

My wife knows we are doing this... She thinks it's a "good idea"... I'm sure that was sarcastic though... Hmmm....

There are no numbers on the boat yet, but it also still has the original "CF" numbers from when I bought it... I'll probably have them all done at once, but I'm not sure whether or not that means a late night drunken paint job the night before the race...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Really

Does Donna Really Think There Is A Nordstrums Near Parker. That Would Do It........if She Could Shop All Day I Know She Would Go.....

Test****need To Test, Gota Find Out If I Can Handle All That Speed

Oh, By The Way, If We Could Just Hold The Boat In One Place On The River Kathleen Could Ski...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where Are You

Hope Your Working On The Boat Oh No Never Mind I Know Where You Are The Usc Game Is On....hows It Going Over There. Are We Any Closer To Testing... Just Got All My Paper Work Done And Faxed In For Work. I Like Your Mind Set About That. I Only Lasted Four Days Without A Job....then Lori Said Find Something Or Move Out.....
    Oh Welll.........

647and918

Default Update...

I haven't been working on the boat... I spent the weekend camping (up on the Mogollon Rim, NE of Payson) and freezing my rear off in the rain... We had a blast though... I think there were 14 of us in all...

The seat should be here this week, and I'll call Monday and see how things are coming on the lower unit... I'm in the middle of re-wiring the fuel system (I want a gauge on the side tanks so we have some idea when to switch over)... Still need to mount the trim buttons to the new steering wheel (although I may just put the old steering wheel back in, I haven't decided yet)...

We are one of the folks that are actually registered for the race (I think the total is only 13 so far)... Pretty sad considering my boat isn't even running at this point!!!

I'll get back to work on the boat tomorrow... I'm kind of enjoying my "early retirement", but it is starting to get a little old (and expensive!!!)...

Thread Information