Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ron France

Tomtall

Post Ron France

We spoke about Ron France in the "Prop Man" thread but thought I would add this bit on Ron here. It was Sept. 8th and 9th 2007 at the Michigan Hydroplane Racing Associations (http://www.michiganhydroplane.com/) "Wild Ones Regatta" at Grass Lake, Mi. that Ron flexed his might once again. Ron came down from his home located in Canada and showed everyone in the "A" stock hydroplane class how it's still done. He Started every heat both days on the outside lane and to the best of my knowledge won every heat he raced. He was in the company of some fast people also. At an age that most older men are content to walk to their mailbox everyday and call it exercise, Ron goes toe to toe with racers a quarter his age and shows them that age is not a factor in the sport he likes so much. Hats off to you Ron.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Ron!!! Racing is his life and he's one of the best at it! I don't know a better prop builder and one of the best wood craftsmen I know.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ron France

Good pics and writeup of Pat and Ron France Tomtall !!! We dont know how much of a asset he is to boat racing!!!! John Lawrence

Post Thanks / Like

No question, Ron France is a true gentleman both on and off the race course. I make sure I stop by Ron's trailer at the races to talk to him and enjoy every minute of it, making sure I do more listening than talking.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Couldn't agree more

Ron France is truely one of the good guys. Tough clean driver and a gentleman on the beach. Also has been known to tap out a mean wheel more than once.

Great Guy!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got into stock OB racing this year (at the ripe old age of 44, so hopefully I'll go as long as Ron!) and I am fortunate enough to have a Ron France built boat ... Ron has been quite helpful with some insight and a fair amount of encouragement, all in his own rather quiet well thought out manner (like someone else mentioned, you want to listen more so then talk when you get the opportunity) I've had the pleasure of meeting several real quality people in my relatively brief time involved in SO racing, and Ron and his wife Pat are in that group ... if only I could get my hands on another one of his A props!

Tom Heighington
    #44ce
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tom Heighington; 09-11-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: add pics, I hope

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. France

I raced J and A with Kenny and Gary France. Mr. France built them some very nice boats and they were always fast. They have always been very nice people to talk with and to compete against. They always had a little (I can't spell it) dahkzind dog. Many great memories of the Frances.

RussW

Thread Information