Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water as fuel !!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The key is that the converter uses electricity. With electrical current and a catalyst, water can be separated into it's basic elements. High school level chemistry. The problem is that the separation takes more energy (electrical) than it will produce. If it could be done with a positive energy output, we'd already be using it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Operating an engine on hydrogen is easy, it's just a low density combustible gas. It works best with direct injection as it is takes up so much volume that it displaces a large amount of intake air. Supercharging also works well and will restore gasoline like performance, but it's hard to store without a fuel cell. Enough compressed hydrogen gas to drive 200mi would take a tank on a trailer.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hydrogen gas

it seems to me that , right now, the most practical use of it might be in a stationary engine /powerplant generator on the shore of a river or lake,or ... maybe on an ocean shore, but then you also have to make fresh water out of sea water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    it seems to me that , right now, the most practical use of it might be in a stationary engine /powerplant generator on the shore of a river or lake,or ... maybe on an ocean shore, but then you also have to make fresh water out of sea water.
    Busesin Canada are using hi volume low pressure roof mouted fuel tanks for hydrogen. Theres been a discovery lately where a certian undisclosed frequency makes hydrogen easy to seperate from salt water. In my pals car mentioned above the electric used is 12 volt however it tends to overload if he runs an accesory. I think more efficiency from hydrogen generaters is around the corner. its all in the material used per h2o volume or something. How many filement tests did Edison conduct??

Thread Information