Post Thanks / Like

Default And...

about the same speed.....

647and918

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    about the same speed.....
    Wow... Is that good or bad???

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that whiskers is making WELL over 90 mph with the new 4 blade prop. I mean WELL OVER! If this is true it could make for a very interesting race. I think we are over the 35 boats required to run this race and hear we have some real hot jet boats in Division I. Not too many GN's at Bakersfield???I hope it is because they are all getting ready for Parker--after all, this is the type of race a GN class boat is supposed to be made for--so what is happening in that class? The big boat with twin Suzuki's has reported in and is supposed to be on it's way--if it runs like most of Pipcorn's boats, look out for it--It will run fast. I guess the competition got too hot for those half million dollar "ski" boats, haven't heard much from them. Apparently we are going to have a couple of Division III boats this year, one of them being the new super green Evinrude on Fred Bowdens Stoker hull, engine prepared and set-up by Al himself. I have just finished a new rudder for the "Body Snatcher" --guaranteed to tame the torque--if it works, I may sell it under the trade name "Torque Tamer". Lots of action here, hope it all comes together. I will need help setting the course early Saturday morning. Any takers? Ross hasn't asked me yet, but I imagine he will. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Fast CAN A Catfish Swim?

Wiskers or Whiskers.....I hope you run a good strong third.

I was thinking catfish don't swim too fast..but I should watch my mouth as we have a NO SLAM policy....and "Wisker's" Owner is giving us a gas tank for "OLD SCHOOL"...

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Careful Ron... & its Wiskers without the "H"!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention BRF Readers!!!

I just wanted everyone to know THE REAL RON HILL. Maximus is welding us up a tank, with fillers and hose connectors and all for "OLD SCHOOL"....

Here is my message I left on Ben's (Maximus's) phone...

Ben,

The tank will fit perfectly. Please weld the filler cap on and return line connectors. Please try to get it to my shop by noon tomorrow (Friday) as Tinker and I like to eat at 12.

Be sure to bring the old tank...

Now, with frineds like, Ben doesn't need people telling him how to SPELL WISKERS!

ADD: Of course, I expect everything for FREE and Ben ALWAYS pays in advance for his MANY propellers.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-11-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, why do you keep posting pictures of that ol' Hallett? Hallett Hydros were dogs then and never got any better. There was a day when a Hallett hydro was a good boat but that was long before he built your "pre-fab". TIJUANA TAXI was an example of one of his good hydros! You have run so many good boats in your day, why not post the GLASTRON with the twin rudes, or the DeSilva your dad and I spent so many hours painting-by the way, you never did pay me--bet you wish you had that catboat back! Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I just wanted everyone to know THE REAL RON HILL. Maximus is welding us up a tank, with fillers and hose connectors and all for "OLD SCHOOL"....

Here is my message I left on Ben's (Maximus's) phone...

Ben,

The tank will fit perfectly. Please weld the filler cap on and return line connectors. Please try to get it to my shop by noon tomorrow (Friday) as Tinker and I like to eat at 12.

Be sure to bring the old tank...

Now, with frineds like, Ben doesn't need people telling him how to SPELL WISKERS!

ADD: Of course, I expect everything for FREE and Ben ALWAYS pays in advance for his MANY propellers.
    Bad news... I blew up the gas tank & dropped the lower unit. Before I could pick it up my bulldog chester had his way with it & now it is a real mess... Could take some time & serious dollars to repair now!

Thread Information