Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #55 Is In: Mr. Al Stoker

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Body Snatcher....

Rod Zapf who BROKE the Body Snatcher was the oldest by about ten years....and I for one, have been thinking that maybe we should have an AGE LIMIT on drivers....

FYI: Fred didn't get a ride in the race, as AL BROKE IT FIRST!!!! Somehow, I feel, even if Al hadn't broke...Fred STILL wouldn't have gotten a ride!!!!No way of ever proving this one!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-04-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Rod Zapf wqho BROKE the Body Snatcher was the oldest by about ten years....and I for one, have been thinking that maybe we should have an AGE LIMIT on drivers....

FYI: Fred didn't get a ride in the race, as AL BROKE IT FIRST!!!! Somehow, I feel, even if Al hadn't broke...Fred STILL wouldn't have gotten a ride!!!!No way of ever proving this one!

Still it was cool seeing Fred in a racing jacket again.

DB

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oldest driver has to be Al James at 68.

Post Thanks / Like

Instigator,

do you have a link to the website with the MODVP articles?

thx.sid

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Al Ever Look At These

Al if you get this let me know. My son has decided to run the anchor again next year, but we need help!!!!

The thing hasen't been tuned up in years and other then the new lower unit and new plugs is pretty much as you saw it at Parker...I'm sure the carbs need going thru and we know it needs top mounts. We want to raise the mount up 3 inches or so, so that we can drop it down for the race. As of now we are 2 inches below or at least an inch below where we should be.

Any suggestions on props that big old 30p just won't turn, And the boat seems to be down on power. We ran 100oc av gas at 25 to 1 for Parker but it seems to load the plugs..

Also do you know if B&K Boat repair is still in Bellflower. We want to get the bottom done, and somemore strength in that old transom. Or can you do that also. We're trying to pick up 20mph cheap. We arn't looking to win the race but a nice top ten would be nice. I passed on some of the ideas you gave me the other day. Also whats the best time to bring the beast to your place to start the project????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Idea for 2008!!!

We should have a "SENIOR's" Division......Figure out the ruls, and no one under 60 could run THAT Division....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Senior Division

Ron.....I agree there should be a senior division, but I don't wana be in it. I figure i've got one more good year left, then i'll retire and let my two sons take over. My youngest son (27) still needs a few more hours behind the wheel before he is ready and my oldest son (38) is doin pretty good. I'll be 64 next year. This year I ached for 5 days after the race, but you know what it sure felt good...

Hey while your on the line sell us a prop...We need to try a few to find out where were at. I'm thinkin that big Johnrude needs a 26 or 28... It's going to be comin over here soon and we can test at Elsinore. We're going to take to Stokers for some engine work and bottom work and maybe a little lift job. What do you think 3 blade 28 or 4 blade 26.. We can get about 5200 out of the 3 blade 30 @ 2inches below like we ran at Parker....Would like to see it up in the 5800 to 6000 range.

The boat is such a heavy weight that it is hard to get it to lift. This rig was never made to be a race boat. If we're going to do much with it we need a sponsor with deep pockets....Stoker said something about the new lower unit and $3500.00 in the same sentence. Thats just not in our budget. Not without some backing. And if we get that kind of backing we'll be replacing the hull first.....

Any Help Appreciated......Thanks STEVE SR.

Thread Information