Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gt Pro -- New Class For Region 8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just be sure to run 25:1 Evinrude, Mercury, Castrol or Yamaha 2 stroke oil.

Joe... Is Castrol really in the same league as Merc, Evinrude and Yamaha???

Where does Redline fit in?

I know Mike Weinandt doesn't really like Redline, but my son, Chad, sure likes it.

Hauenstein tells me he runs a quart of Chevron and a quart of....forgot...Redline maybe to five gallons...2 quarts to five, same as my dad made us use in the OLD DAYS.

Post Thanks / Like

In GT PRO can you do anything to the water pick ups??? Seems just filling the top couple of holes what gain some serious speed.

Funny you ask Ron, I dont know rule wise but for play where you can do what you want. I just made this.. [model 3, transome mount water pick up].

Its 1/2" aluminum tube from H-depo & al. square stock stuck together with aluminum solder. All needed is to tap into the water jacket below the pump & tap in a fitting & run a hose. Youd have to experiment with how much stock pickup to plug but probably not all of it. This one also has a prop thrust pickup & they're not separated.
    You run into 2 height limits, 1-cooling, 2-prop. Question being when the cooling has a low water pick up, can you jack up the motor enough to make a big difference? Im thinkin some difference at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Ingenious
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Ingenious
    Thanks Sam.. a hack-saw with an occasional idea's all I am LoLs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonM50 View Post
    In GT PRO can you do anything to the water pick ups??? Seems just filling the top couple of holes what gain some serious speed.

Funny you ask Ron, I dont know rule wise but for play where you can do what you want. I just made this.. [model 3, transome mount water pick up].

Its 1/2" aluminum tube from H-depo & al. square stock stuck together with aluminum solder. All needed is to tap into the water jacket below the pump & tap in a fitting & run a hose. Youd have to experiment with how much stock pickup to plug but probably not all of it. This one also has a prop thrust pickup & they're not separated.
    You run into 2 height limits, 1-cooling, 2-prop. Question being when the cooling has a low water pick up, can you jack up the motor enough to make a big difference? Im thinkin some difference at least.

The only time I saw a need for a low water pickup on an SE boat was in time trials.

Post Thanks / Like

No water pickup mods allowed in GT Pro. Tunnel boats don't have any problems; plenty of spray coming out of the tunnel. V-bottoms are limited, however. Before you've raised the motor to it's ideal height, the water pressure begins to drop off.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    No water pickup mods allowed in GT Pro. Tunnel boats don't have any problems; plenty of spray coming out of the tunnel. V-bottoms are limited, however. Before you've raised the motor to it's ideal height, the water pressure begins to drop off.
    When your running that close to overheating a guage or an extension of the indicator stream to where you can see it is a good idea, the 31.8, near bulletproof otherwise cant take heat. I think the tunnel will turn out to be the boat that can get around the course 1st in time, they turn great.. seem to recover speed well & are fast enough straight not to be lost by the V's + they look awesome

Post Thanks / Like

We couldn't run closed course anywhere that high in the V classes without losing control, only for straightaway records. What's the transom height measured from pad center?

Post Thanks / Like

Transom height is 20". With a jackplate (6" setback) you can run it up about another inch.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Transom height is 20". With a jackplate (6" setback) you can run it up about another inch.
    I don't understand why you have a problem at 20-21". You're running a jack plate, and with no offset on a 13'-14' Allison I could pump water with the OMC 75 (or Mercury 850) at 22.5" transom height, although I typically ran closed course at 21.5" with a 1.5" offset (I placed a 2x4 between the motor and the transom). In the record run, I pumped water nearly up to 'split bullet', but the offset was then 15". With JP and Mod VP boats as well, we ran with the bullet about 1/3 above the pad surface, viewed along a straight line, and with not more than 2 2x4s as offset.

Suggestion: break out the mesh screen in the water pickup louvres, that's for fishermen in silt and weeds, the bigger motors had no such restrictive screen.

Thread Information