Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gt Pro -- New Class For Region 8

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info. I think you also said there is no diff between the 30 and 35hp carb. Am looking at a 30hp powerhead with carb to mount on my `87 shortshaft mid. Would that work?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info. I think you also said there is no diff between the 30 and 35hp carb. Am looking at a 30hp powerhead with carb to mount on my `87 shortshaft mid. Would that work?

Rich

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that would be a `91 powerhead and carb.

Post Thanks / Like

That should work just fine. As far as I've seen, the 30 and 35 are the same, part for part.

See http://shop2.evinrude.com/ext/index....4589c4ca6e678f

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Update

A couple of shots of GT Pro action from Hastings, MN, July 17th. These photos were sent to me by Tony Fortuna, #318 in the pics.

In the second shot, Jeff Larson (#19) may seem to be leading, but he is clearly driving in someone else's wake. And that someone is Stephanie Hansen.

Steph is dominating the points grab this summer, with three wins in four races. Steph started racing in 2006 in Mini GT at the age of 12. She drives a Racemaster, drives it agressively, and this summer is showing us old guys how it's done. The picture is from Detroit Lakes, 2009 -- going gunwale-to-gunwale with Megan Halver (Kober Cat).

Next races July 31-August 1 on Serpent Lake in Crosby, MN. Besides GT Pro, we'll race Mini GT, Sport C, VP75, Formula V, SST 60, SST 120 and Formula 150.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    A couple of shots of GT Pro action from Hastings, MN, July 17th. These photos were sent to me by Tony Fortuna, #318 in the pics.

In the second shot, Jeff Larson (#19) may seem to be leading, but he is clearly driving in someone else's wake. And that someone is Stephanie Hansen.

Steph is dominating the points grab this summer, with three wins in four races. Steph started racing in 2006 in Mini GT at the age of 12. She drives a Racemaster, drives it agressively, and this summer is showing us old guys how it's done. The picture is from Detroit Lakes, 2009 -- going gunwale-to-gunwale with Megan Halver (Kober Cat).

Next races July 31-August 1 on Serpent Lake in Crosby, MN. Besides GT Pro, we'll race Mini GT, Sport C, VP75, Formula V, SST 60, SST 120 and Formula 150.
    Looks like the tunnels are doing well

Post Thanks / Like

Been away awhile, so first I'll wrap up 2010.

Steph Hansen chocked up another win, in Crosby, to the delight of her hometown crowd. When we got to Pine City, MN in September for TCPBA's last weekend of racing, she had so many points that she couldn't be caught; I was in second place; Megan Halver was in third.

Megan brought a "new" boat to Pine City. The Dillon Mini Tunnel that I built in 2006 had come to Megan's Dad in 2009 as part of a trade for a Sport C boat. Megan was reluctant to leave her beloved pink-n-blue Kober Cat, but finally relented. She won the Saturday race in Pine City, her first-ever win, and took second on Sunday behind Jeff Larson's Pro Tunnel.

In the process, she bumped me down to third place, and that's how the season ended, with the two teenage girls at the top and us old guys wondering what happened.

The first photo below is my old Mini Tunnel back in 2009 when still owned and driven by Don Yuronich. The second photo is the Mini Tunnel right now -- more on that in next post.

Post Thanks / Like

GT Pro 2011

Jeff Larson concentrated on VP75 last year, only raced GT Pro three times, but won two of those races. He says this year he will be back to GTP full-time with his Dillon Pro Tunnel.

Tony Fortuna (#318 in the pic below, in his Mini Vee) is busy building a Pro Tunnel (see it here), and doing a fine job.

I'm giving Megan Halver's Mini Tunnel a bottom make-over (see that here), making the tunnel deeper forward, hoping to improve lift. Megan was horrified to discover we were going to fool with her boat, so this had better work (of course it will).

My prediction is these three will dominate the class this year. But last year's results were quite opposite from my expectations, so think twice before calling your bookie

I'll be racing my Mini Vee (#212 below) in both GT Pro and Mini GT. I bought an 18-pitch chopper from Ron this winter, hoping it will really light up the v-bottom. The Sport GT I raced last year is moving up to Sport C for 2011.

THE BIG NEWS: GT Pro has been invited to the OPC Nationals in Kankakee on Labor Day weekend. I'm hoping for 6 to 8 boats. Our chance to show off the class to other clubs and Regions, and hopefully inspire its spread.

The picture?: Me and Tony in Pine City, September 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

Rich
    There's a big difference in high speed jets, and I'm not sure why. The 35 carbs came with 59Ds, the 30s came with anywhere from 61D-65D, and I don't know what's the right jet for the 30 carb. I've sold 30 carbs in Germany to upgrade 25s to 35 hp (30hp at the propshaft) but have never used the 30 carb myself. I run a 1983 35 with 59D jets. If you're running pump 93 octane (10% ethanol), you might try a 60D in the 35 carb. If you do, then let me know the difference, please.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Purchased a set of Mini V plans from Mr. Dillon,

Garage is cleaned, and will be building soon, also looking for a RTR rig in the meantime.

I live in Florida, and am trying to get this class going down here, and thus far have received some good feedback, and have some "volunteers" to run with me, but we shall see.

I think it's a great class, with lots of potential, especially for a guy like me with a large family, and limited time.

My hopes are to get a long season of running fun boats like this on the local lakes / etc. that are here. Put a 25 on for my kids, take it off, put the 35 on for me , race all weekend, camp out, etc.

If anyone else in the SE is interested in this series, and would like to discuss further, please give me a shout, message here, or send e-mail to wholtzclaw@pslwebs.com

Wayne

Thread Information