Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gt Pro -- New Class For Region 8

VP 75 Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Start building... There are hundreds of people that will chime in and to help you...

I want to start hearing speeds with these boats..BRF has Records, you know...

ADD:

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...?t=1463&page=4
    I think mine goes about 70mph usually....if there's no traffic on the freeway

I think I've been hitting about 48 or so...I drive the yellow #19...faster with a stiff headwind

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know who's making it to Kankakee, but I'll be there, without a boat unfortunately, but will be snapping lots of pictures, and hoping to hook up with some of the GT-Pro guys.

Still shaping the keel on mine,.... I feel like that scene from Jaws, "We're going to need a bigger sander"

Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

First test session for GT Pro is 10:05 Friday morning. Jeff and I, at least, plan to be on the river then. I'm hoping there will be GTP boats on the water for all test periods, take every opportunity to show off our stuff.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

VP 75 Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    First test session for GT Pro is 10:05 Friday morning. Jeff and I, at least, plan to be on the river then. I'm hoping there will be GTP boats on the water for all test periods, take every opportunity to show off our stuff.
    Bob...you've NEVER got to sit in your own creation...maybe Friday we exchange keys

Post Thanks / Like

I sat in it in my shop. Handled like a dream!!

Let's plan on that for the Friday afternoon test. I hope you can handle the wiley v-bottom. It has working trim and everything.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I sat in it in my shop. Handled like a dream!!

Let's plan on that for the Friday afternoon test. I hope you can handle the wiley v-bottom. It has working trim and everything.
    I hear it has something to do with the hook

Wayne

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone:

Bob and Jeff, it was great to meet you at the Nationals; I just wish I had more time, but was pretty busy. Watching you guys run really makes me wish my boat had been done.

It was a great show by the GT-Pro guys / gals, and a great show; I hope it's a sign of things to come with the growth of the class.

As a side note, I have started a GT-Pro Boat Racing "fan" page on facebook, and have posted something like 100 pictures that I took at the OPC Nats, it can be found at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GT-Pro...69803346381974

I hope to get my boat done in the next couple of months, and spend the winter / off season testing and tweaking it, so that I can be ready for next year.

Thanks!
    Wayne

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini GT or GT-Pro hulls

Are there any drivers currently campaigning the old Baja Scat Cats that were made for Mini Gran Prix in the 1980s?

If so how competitive are they????
    I have heard and read that the competitive Mini GT rigs are running close to 50 in competition, I know when we were running MGP in the 80s we were running upper 40s. John Flesher, who was the fastest around was clocked at 51 on radar in his Baja.
    I am curious because I know of a Baja (Race Version***) Scat Cat that may be available.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, no Scat Cats, and I don't have any experience with them.

Competitive Mini GT rigs run in the 40-42 mph range. If you guys were running near 50 mph, then you were doing something very different from what we're doing today -- or perhaps your memory is off by 10 mph. Even our GT Pro boats, at 45-46 mph can barely be said to race at nearly 50 at this point (but I think we'll get there; I've tested boats to 48 and 49).

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, no Scat Cats, and I don't have any experience with them.

Competitive Mini GT rigs run in the 40-42 mph range. If you guys were running near 50 mph, then you were doing something very different from what we're doing today -- or perhaps your memory is off by 10 mph. Even our GT Pro boats, at 45-46 mph can barely be said to race at nearly 50 at this point (but I think we'll get there; I've tested boats to 48 and 49).
    Realistic.. The weight run, size of boat & speed reached. The classes are doing well at 40-46 on a stock motor. My experience with stock 31.8's has it that you will reach 50 in time but every extra mph is a milestone, I've usually found the best speed early & then 'hope' to repeat rather than progress. A pal got a gps read of 52 on a Wetback hydro @ 520# with a stock 35 on an older 25 non-thru hub lower. Of course that & a righty speed prop. The following readings were slightly less. With the limits implied on cooling alone [you can only raise so much] no matter what prop you try so hopefully soon the top runners will do 50 but as a fun, safe, cost inclusive class I'm thinking its good as it is & hope to join in later if it spreads east.

Thread Information