Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gt Pro -- New Class For Region 8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did I Get A GT PRO Powerhead???

Well, I did some prop work for a guy, who gave me a boat, and I gave the boat to a guy who gave me a motor. Skoontz owes me a 35 short, so I was thinking this might be an extra powerhead...

Zorkan Boat at http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...6724#post66724

This Zorkan might be a HUMMER with a 35...A reverse three point, tunnel at the back, Vee at the front...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Default New GT Pro

The Dillon Pro Tunnel is out of the shop and ready for delivery. Jeff Larson will be fitting it up for GT Pro and racing it this summer. I look forward to being beaten by this boat!! I hope to have plans available later this year.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Round Ear Props...

Got some round ears.. 9 X 16-17...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Looks like a 1980 35 I bought recently. Piece of junk with both sleeves separated from cylinders. However, I also bought another powerhead and 2 blocks, so will be a screamer when rebuilt. Now have a good supply of 35 parts for rebuilding, gasket sets, pump kits, rings, seals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Well, I did some prop work for a guy, who gave me a boat, and I gave the boat to a guy who gave me a motor. Skoontz owes me a 35 short, so I was thinking this might be an extra powerhead...

Zorkan Boat at http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...6724#post66724

This Zorkan might be a HUMMER with a 35...A reverse three point, tunnel at the back, Vee at the front...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very Far Behind...and gaining...

If you are behind, gaining means getting closer to the front...I'm not gaining ground...

Anyway, here are four of my props going to Bob Dillion today for PRo GT testing.

The OMC thur hub is Bob's...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks, useful to see how you label pitch so we can compare notes better. I generally take the chord at the leading edge, but with little camber there. I couldn't see the dia.x pitch nrs. for leftmost prop.

Still grounded in the Alps rebuilding 35s and 15s in our cellar. Won't have anything to offer from Houston until Aug.-Sept. Am looking forward to reworking and trying the 10x16 I bought from you, but I hope it measures 16 pitch at the leading (!) edge, I already have plenty of props for the 35 measuring 16 at the trailing edge! Problem with Stilleto is that their 10x14 is really a 10x13, even compared with an OMC 10x13 along the entire radius. So I'll also try an OMC 10x15, reworked.

PS on Sun. my wife and I take the grueling written test for a German boat drivers' license. That allows us to run more than 5 hp measured at the propshaft. I have to pass the &!%$#*&!%? test to be able to test the motors we're rebuilding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    If you are behind, gaining means getting closer to the front...I'm not gaining ground...

Anyway, here are four of my props going to Bob Dillion today for PRo GT testing.

The OMC thur hub is Bob's...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
    Looks like a 1980 35 I bought recently. Piece of junk with both sleeves separated from cylinders. However, I also bought another powerhead and 2 blocks, so will be a screamer when rebuilt. Now have a good supply of 35 parts for rebuilding, gasket sets, pump kits, rings, seals, etc.
    Ive built several of them, 35s & 25s. never saw one with sleeves separated. A thermal issue would be my guess, any idea what happened to it? Maybe it was runnin WOT -real hot then splashed down into a cold drink

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Impeller was 'welded' to the impeller housing, clearly was run without water.
    I separated the cylinders on my best 3 cyl. racing block in 1986 when I picked up a plastic bag that covered the water intake at the launching ramp. Also rebuilt a 75 for a tunnel, thought I saw evidence of beginning separation, warned the owner. He said go ahead, I rebuilt, it screamed for 3 min. and separated. I'm leary of all old motors (have many, buy, rebuild and sell), always look for signs of separation.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonM50 View Post
    Ive built several of them, 35s & 25s. never saw one with sleeves separated. A thermal issue would be my guess, any idea what happened to it? Maybe it was runnin WOT -real hot then splashed down into a cold drink

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman View Post
    The Dillon Pro Tunnel is out of the shop and ready for delivery. Jeff Larson will be fitting it up for GT Pro and racing it this summer. I look forward to being beaten by this boat!! I hope to have plans available later this year.

Nice.. No matter how good functionally the V is itll never look as cool as the tunnel Id love to put one a my 'rat' 31.8s on that, they run nice w/ a foot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Dillon Pro Tunnel

Racing here in Minnesota is just about done, with only one more tentative weekend in the works for September. My Pro Vee did well again, but the Pro Tunnel, owned by Jeff Larson, was right up there in front as well.

In our last race, my motor was uncooperative, and the Pro Tunnel stole the show. Take a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TV9kTudqEU

I'm working on the plans and the online construction notes for the Pro Tunnel right now, and expect to have them ready for sale by the end of the month, hopefully sooner.

Tunnelboat and V-bottom Plans for 15-35 hp, 40-60 hp, 60-80 hp

Dillon-Racing.com also on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter

Thread Information