Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chris Faria: Honolulu Police Chief

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris Faria: Honolulu Police Chief

I met a lady at Parker, last weekend from Honolulu and I asked her if she knew Chris Faria...? When she said, "No, I realized I hadn't seen Chris since 1988..."

Chris always had the ALOHA spirit. He's tell my dad that taking pineaplles (PINE as he called them) wasn't a crime as long as you only had 5 or less....He was the Chief of police, but drove his onw car while on duty....He had those little light you can put on top....if you neede to..

Chris announced at CANOE Races and worked at APBA races when Dave Packer lived there. At the time they had about 15 boats, all different classes, but they all raced every class. At one time Honolulu had High Point Champions in ever OPC class.

My brother waas Region 12 Chairman, and he was asked to go to a race and be the referee....The race was schedule to satrt at 9...At 11:00 therre were no boats there...They had failed to tell my brother they raced on HAWAIIAN time....

My brother was quite shocked to find out they only had a 15 boats and 15 National High Point Champions...Seemed everyone had a good time racing and Chris Faria loved to announce...

Chris and his wife,Willie, would come to the Main Land for holiday, and Chris would buy a motorhome..He considered himself a dealer as he bought a new one every year...Drove it around here....Then sold it, and went home.... Worked quite cool. He came to the Rose Parade with us a couple of times, as we always used to rent a space on Colorado Blvd. and party the New Years away....Capnzee wopuld be there, too...Drink bloody mary's and making a lot of illegal noises!!!!!

Chris is in the yellow shirt and my dad is next to him...This was in my parent's backyard...

Second picture is my mom, Willie Faria, and my dad...

Chris was good for boat racing!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information