Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ron's Parker Post on Hot Boat

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind remarks Ron. It felt really good to be back racing.

I personally think 1 inch is good as with certain unit/boat combinations handleing starts to become a problem. I would rather see 50 pounds added to the weight but also feel a maximum amount of added weight should be considered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miss BK View Post
    You may have had one that was built heavy enough to handle the rigors of Enduro and Mod VP style racing. That would be fine. The true Mod VP boats were very good in moderately rough water. (especially the Mirage's )

But the next guy may have one that was strictly built for drag racing --- meaning each boat came from the same mold, but they will definiately NOT be the same boat.

Even though they were called "light layup", the boats built back during Mod-VP days were actually much stronger/heavier than the boats built for quarter mile drag racing top speed only in recent years. Mod-VP died more than 12 years ago, and after that, those same boats started becoming lighter and lighter due to the trend to switch over to drag racing.

That's my fear --- that some will see these boats and think they are the same as the previous champs of the rough-and-tumble IOGP Mod-VP days, but when they see the differences in how they are laid up, they will see they certainly aren't all the same.

Gotta be careful here...."Enduro races" have always meant you had better run "tough boats", not drag hulls. Make sure only the proper type hulls are being entered. It would be sad to have to say goodbye to a $19,000 boat after it gets all busted up doing what it was never built to do.
    I have a Mirage that was built for and raced mod vp. This boat handles rough water like it's not even there and turns on a dime given the left sponson alterations. Also very quick compared to the STV pro comp I had. Alas, I have had back surgery and could not race if I wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like

Need a driver? We have plenty of those.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaddy View Post
    I have a Mirage that was built for and raced mod vp. This boat handles rough water like it's not even there and turns on a dime given the left sponson alterations. Also very quick compared to the STV pro comp I had. Alas, I have had back surgery and could not race if I wanted to.
    Yea... I had a corn removed from my pinky toe & might not make it as well...

Thread Information