Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Switzer wing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Switzer wing

I took this photo, I believe in 1968 or before June 1969 at Bennet Marine in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
    I was around 19 and had spent most of my life up to that point following every sound of a race boat running up and down the New River canal. You could hear the boats being tested on the river from my house in New Broadview, about six minutes running my feet off from the house to the State road 84 canal.
    A bunch of us kids would run up and down that river with our Minamax's, Foolings, Airborne's, Yellow Jacket's, and Mr Waldens Johnson powered cat,s with Terry his son at the controls. we had a large rockpit that we ran what we called the " Rockpit Regata" in. Some of the best memories.
    Kids that I can remember were Brian Mccarrol, Tom Strawbinger, John Stipp, Allen Stipp, Donald Stipp,Terry Walden, Bobby Cookamaster.
    The guy's we looked up to were: Gary Blas, Jock Horner,
    Jeff Titus, Albert Enswiler.
    Sorry about the spelling guys.
    Charlie 13
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tomtall

Default Good old days

Charlie - Great picture and story of days gone bye. Thanks for sharing and welcome to BRF. Keep the stories comming.

There is a great deal of history on the famous wing here on BRF. This is a link that will show you them.
    http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...earchid=167239

Thread Information