Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Photos past & present

Post Thanks / Like

Here are more pictures of the fun we used to have....Parker, 1978

The girl is my best friend from Kingman - Karen. She used to come with us to a lot of races and she LOVED it. She is a real estate developer in Kingman now. In the picture with her is Don Johnston (long before Arcadian). Karen had a "thing" for Don. That was fine with me, because Don had some very cute friends. We did a lot of Go-cart racing and always had a blast.

Ron has met Karen before. I hadn't seen Karen in years and she decided to come to St Louis a couple of years ago for "old times sake". Unfortunately she was on crutches at the time. (St Louis + 95% humidity + crutches = miserable time). She didnt have much fun except for when Greg Foster let her hang out in his exotic hauler in the AC. Greg & his team are really great guys -they kept Karen from getting heat stroke. Thanks guys!

The photo at the bottom is my dear friend, the late Roger Johnson (527). A true gentleman. The kid in the green hat is our very own "Joe J" - who is ditto his dad. That's Don again, ready to push Ted's "Hell Cat" off the trailer. The hydro's in the foreground belong to the Nordskogs.

I have a bunch more pictures of this same weekend -- but it's late. I'll have to resume scanning later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Miss BK; 03-23-2005 at 11:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just remembered what Don was doing in that picture. He's got a magnet and is pulling chains out of the gas tank. He found about 3 of them -- I assume they were chains that kept the cap from getting lost. Just after this picture was snapped, Ted came over and gave him a scolding for leaving those things in there. Ted was always looking out for all of us "kids" so we called him "Uncle Ted" -- and it was always an honor to have Ted chew you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Val:

Does the picture of my dad and I have a date? I am guessing around 1980 or so........

Don couldn't be more than 17-18 at that time.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,
    I think that's actually the weekend of Don's 18th birthday. They had a cake and ice cream party for him at the resort (I can't think of the name of that place..argh Near Buckskin fire dept) Then your Dad and Ted May used a saw to cut off Mike Nordskog's cast so the 4 of us kids could go race the go-carts that were across the highway. I am pretty sure this was 1978.
    Hold on a sec....you weren't with us at the go-cart track...where were you ? I know your dad was there, because I remember seeing him with the saw. And to torment Mike, Ted was yelling, "STOP! I SEE BLOOD!"

Last edited by Miss BK; 03-24-2005 at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Go-Karts at Parker sound familiar, but that was a LONG time ago. I was probably there, since my dad was real good about taking me w/ him for stuff like that.

JJ

Post Thanks / Like

Here's Mike Nordskog the morning after they cut off his cast. (And probably now wishing they hadn't!)

And the second shot is Karen again - She had gone out to help Don after a heat, and he climbed out and walked off! LOL She stood there for quite a while holding the boat - with the river current she couldn't let go and was there for at least 10 minutes. I thought that was pretty funny so I took her picture. She doesn't look too pleased.

The date says May 20, 1978. This was not long after the Yamato 80's were introduced and they were everywhere. The class was called "B-Local" then.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Needles in Feb '77

BK, Ron and everyone,
    I remember that race well, my 1st in ASR!! Scott Davidson and Kieth Younger both jumped the gun, I was legal and won my 1st race!!
    Hell yes that water is cold, later that day, Mark Preuss and Jeff Arnold gave me the Winning PLUNGE!! somewhere, I still have the photo!!
    Bunker

Post Thanks / Like

Found this old thread in "Technical discussion"
    Not sure why it's over there....

Since there are pages of great shots, I felt like it was a good time to "bump" it up! Enjoy!

RogerH

Default Great Pictures & Text

Thanks for "bumping" this. Great to read. I noticed that John & others were asking about Pete DeLanckner. I'd like to hear from him, as I have his C-7 TerrilCraft and want to ask about what motors were run on that boat. Pete, please contact me if you read this.
    Thanks,
    Roger

(Roger Hinsdale - Spring City, TN, 423-452-0428 or eMail me at hinsdale@bellsouth.net)

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The last time I talked to Pete was at the Lone Star Reunion. I had bugged him repeatedly about getting a computer and he assured me his daughter would help teach him. Enough time has passed. Pete does a lot of traveling so it may be a week or two before I catch up with him, but I will see how he is progressing and try to get an answer for you.

And I don't know how it got on this category either, but thanks Val for bumping it.

Thread Information