Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ?? About Wings.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue!. Don't know if they were factory or not. I do remember a N.O.S. T2 mid several years ago on E-Bay that was the same ivory color. I think "Raceman"(Norris) on S & F bought it and swore it too was factory?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw those motors.... no way they were factory originals. Ted referred to them as "T2x's" and when I challenged him, he replied "What's the difference?". I explained in detail the (obvious) differences between a T2 and a T2x. He then told me that I was wrong and that he believed his motors were still T2x's.

My belief is that someone painted the mids to try and match that boat or another......

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    I saw those motors.... no way they were factory originals. Ted referred to them as "T2x's" and when I challenged him, he replied "What's the difference?". I explained in detail the (obvious) differences between a T2 and a T2x. He then told me that I was wrong and that he believed his motors were still T2x's.

My belief is that someone painted the mids to try and match that boat or another......

T2x
    I would tend to agree with you. maybe that mid Norris bought came from Miller also?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post

T2x
    Did Ted make another friend that day ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by largecar91 View Post
    I would tend to agree with you. maybe that mid Norris bought came from Miller also?
    Talking to Ted I got the feeling he made things they way he wanted. I vaguely recall Ted claiming he had some sort of factory picture/advertisment that showed the cream colored Mercs....he couldn't find it at the time though.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Connolly View Post
    Geez, now you are just teasing...... Think if one turned up a AOMC nationals someone would have heard about it. Sure it was a wing and you aren't suffering from "Wing Fever"
    All I know is it was a similar to a wing, not being an expert I can't be sure if it was a Switzer, Dutchman, DeSilva or any other copy. Looking at the pictures on this thread I can say it most resembled the sand colored T-19 boat on the first page, but with some black on the rear.
    Doesn't seem like it should be too implausible to spot one only 100 miles or so from Fond Du Lac.
    Not really suffering from wing fever, but now I am curious. I'll do some investigating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brichter View Post
    All I know is it was a similar to a wing, not being an expert I can't be sure if it was a Switzer, Dutchman, DeSilva or any other copy. Looking at the pictures on this thread I can say it most resembled the sand colored T-19 boat on the first page, but with some black on the rear.
    Doesn't seem like it should be too implausible to spot one only 100 miles or so from Fond Du Lac.
    Not really suffering from wing fever, but now I am curious. I'll do some investigating.

Hummm, the plot thickens. The T-19 is the one in my avitar and resting in AZ. Curious to hear what you can find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just like Johnny Cash.....

Did the cowls come cream colored or just the pan down ??
    You could order the T2 in any color you wanted.....however, it only dressed in black.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of like the Ford Model T you can get it any color you want as long as it's black

Post Thanks / Like

Like this one?

Ted was trying to get 10K for the pair of T2's when I talked to him. This was about a year before he passed away. No tell'en where Ted got the T2's. They were reported to be cream color.....Ted claimed they came from Mercury that way. Fact or fiction I couldn't tell you.

Thread Information