Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Old and Slow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morehouse Boats....

Keep reading and looking. Most of the kneelers I drove were Morehouse. Lee was a dream, way ahead of his time...I'll dig out some more pictures one of these days...

Here are two pictures of the first "Ron Hill" designed runabouts... My dad and I built them. When I said I designed them, I copied must of Lee Morehouses ideas. Lee believed the "HOOKED" chine would lift the tail. At first we thought him nuts. But later decide he had a hell of an idea. My first CU, broke the KILO record from under 60, to 64.661.

Here you can see how the chine was "hooked" Later, we changed the side so they appeared to be straing chines, but in fact, had the Morehouse "Meitor" hook.

This picture of me was in the Mobile gas news after I had won CU and DU in the 1966 Marathon Nationals....

After the Marathon Nationals, Chris White, Vic Brinkman, Max McPeek and Tom Schwartz came and stayed at my parent's house. My parent were on a month vacation. Everyday these guys were in California, we had a KEG of Coors delivered. Every year, my dad got a calendar froma local liquor store...He'd often say, amazing I get that calendar every year, and I ain't never been in that liquor store...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-06-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ron,
    Great pics! I too would have thought someone to be crazy for adding so much hook!

On closer look at the Morehouse hulls - they dont look like what we had as much as I thought.

Thanks for posting the pics though!

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris Wild in BSH

Not sure the year, but this is Steve Wild's twin brother, driving 1-0 in BSH... Mark 20-H powered...Wild hull...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information