Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DePue in the 1960's

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim started out racing stock Jerry. He first drove in J, but then moved up. I don't recall the exact year, but I can look it up. He drove his first race boat to the pits from his house in Michigan. Somehow, I think back in those days that happened more often than we realize, but not as many went on to do what Tim did. That era of 68 to 72 was when Tim was formulating the original Aerowings. That was a really fun time. Please post the pics. Your scanner may be able to scan directly from slides. Check it out.

I haven't talked to Frank or Wanda Zorkan for years. I've talked to Curtis since then and that was during the past century. I hope they are all doing well.

I wish you and your son well in the racing. The people you meet and develope relationships with in boat racing are as you say.......like family. If you need any help posting those slides, there are many here at BRF that can offer guidance, and be sure to take pics early and often of you and your son's racing adventures.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Tim started out racing stock Jerry. He first drove in J, but then moved up. I don't recall the exact year, but I can look it up. He drove his first race boat to the pits from his house in Michigan. Somehow, I think back in those days that happened more often than we realize, but not as many went on to do what Tim did. That era of 68 to 72 was when Tim was formulating the original Aerowings. That was a really fun time. Please post the pics. Your scanner may be able to scan directly from slides. Check it out.

I haven't talked to Frank or Wanda Zorkan for years. I've talked to Curtis since then and that was during the past century. I hope they are all doing well.

I wish you and your son well in the racing. The people you meet and develope relationships with in boat racing are as you say.......like family. If you need any help posting those slides, there are many here at BRF that can offer guidance, and be sure to take pics early and often of you and your son's racing adventures.
    Wayne:
    If you run accross and pictures of M721 from the late 60's or early seventies I would love to see them My dad raced entill either 75 or 76. The classes he ran were d stock, d & e Mod, and at some smaller races c d & f Alky. He always ran Hydros. I have very few pictures of him racing years back allot of pictures got accidently burned. I'd love to share some more pictures with my sons of there Grandpa.
    Jerry

I will try and scan some of the slides and see how that works out

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I may have is C/D/F alky if he went to DePue or Winona Jerry. I never was in stock or mod territory unfortunately. But I will check my contact sheets. Looking forward to the pics from the slides. And BTW, thanks for getting this stuff started with Tom. There are some non boat racing people here that are now BRF members that are finding out that we are truly a family.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time when we raced alky it was at places like Ravenswood, Constatine, Zanesville, Dayton and a few others I cant recall. He ran a 44ci and a 6 when you could start it I know he went to Depue every year to help and take pictures he usally was helping the Zorkans, or Masons out. We did go to the first race in Winona that they ran the nationals at. I went to that race with him the mainthing that I recall was that it was extremly cold I felt sorry for any of the drivers that hit the water or any crew member who had to stay in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default May Craft Hydro: 19-C

Found this picture I was looking for from Topock, 1970....I'm sure that picture was my May Craft...Compare this picture with the very first picture on the tthis thread...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-10-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting Choice

of ther boat name!!

Thread Information