Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DePue in the 1960's

Tomtall

Default Jerry Oberlin

Wayne - At the time these pictures were taken his father was from Delton,Mi. or the Richland,Mi. (Gull Lake) area. Jerry junior now lives in Ga.
    This would explain why there are so many pictures taken of "M" boats.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Jeff? Blasphemy EH?

Tom T: What great pictures!!!!!!! That is what racing was all about alright! Bravo!! Keep on scanning and posting!

Jeff: Putting a hitch on a Corvette being blasphemy EH? Man I must be the worst of offending sinners!!! LOL! I put hitches in order of year on: 1957 MGA, 1958 Triumph TR3, 1970 Triumph TR4A, 1972 MGB, 1957 Chevy Belaire 4 dr., 1966 RollsRoyce Princess Van Den Plas, 1971 AMC Gremlin X Denim 304 - 2bbL 4 Spd and finally a 1969 Jaguar 4.2 liter XKE convertable. My girlfriend wh then became my wife didn't mind!!!

To pull my hydros my first trailer was an old modified car frame from a 1936 Chevy with a plywood doghouse on the back for 4 engines. I used 24 X 24 X 2 sidewalk blocks on the front of the frame to counterweight the back once it was fully loaded each time with 2 raceboats, 4 engines, fuel and support gear. The idea was no more than 40 pounds on the hitch. This is what you call on the cheap on side trailer wise and a little more expensive on the cars on the other!

Post Thanks / Like

G-61 is Kurt Almos from Minneapolis.

Tomtall

Default Off topic

To pull my hydros my first trailer was an old modified car frame from a 1936 Chevy with a plywood doghouse on the back for 4 engines. I used 24 X 24 X 2 sidewalk blocks on the front of the frame to counterweight the back once it was fully loaded each time with 2 raceboats, 4 engines, fuel and support gear.
    John - I was too young to remember but this picture of my uncles boat sums up simple trailer. Hell they even had the motor bolted to the back!
    No rigging at those races.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

bill boyes

The Runabout 43(C43) is Manual Carnakais from Bakersfield Calif. Always wore white overalls. Any one remember the boats name? What was Manual's sons name?

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Picture............

F-34 was Al Holub who ran a 460 on that cabover. He and Marshall Eldridge ended up with my Aerowing and D Konig. Big change in the ride. Al used to get that boat running every now and then and it would really go............F-11 I think is one of my older hydros. I used to run F-11 and F-12 back then. Not sure, just using the SWAG method, that is what I came up with. (Scientific Wild A** Guess) Great pictures.
    Charley Bradley

Tomtall

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for putting names with these boats and pics. I will be taging them very soon. I presume from what has been posted so far that these pics were of a national race being as alot of the boats were from many distant states.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was Manual Carnakis Bill, and I asked Joe if he knew. I think I may have been at some races with him, but never knew him. The C Service was a clue, but I couldn't see the C (doesn't sound right) so I was afraid to make the guess. So Yeah Tom, there's not only Michigan, but Minnesota, California, Florida, Georgia, New York/New Jersey, Ohio, Illinois, and R-26 from Washington is a number in my head that I should remember but can't right now. These states are just some I remember seeing in the pit shots without going back and looking. Like John says, "What great Pictures.".

Post Thanks / Like

What is the man in the fez hiding from us?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

oldalkydriver

Default De Pue mid 60's

Bill, Joe, the 43 was Manual Carnakais's number. I'm assuming there is a C in fron ot it. That surely looks like Manual. Sons name I believe was John and the boats name was Woisme! White overalls and Yellow and black boat. Helmet had the same design as the boat until APBA passed that all helmets had to be florescent orange.

Thread Information