Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quincy Looper FB 127

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two cleaners that remove most of the dirt and grime from old alky engines. Most of the alum. parts come out like new castings. One product is (Purple Power). I buy it in a 1 gal bottle and put it in a spray bottle. I use it after a weekend of racing and for any old restorations. The other is (Engine Tune) by OMC or CRC, the stuff you spray into a running engine to remove carbon and stuck rings. I found this to work very well on the exterior of engines. Purple Power is available at most auto parts stores and Engine Tune at most marine supply stores. I am shure there are many other products that work out there so maybe some more products will be mentioned for me to try..Bob N-96
    Bob Rusnak

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Purple Power

I'll second the vote for the purple stuff! A couple of cautions though,
    Don't let it sit undiluted on polished aluminum or you'll be polishing it again...
    If it's undiluted you might want to wear gloves, it takes the oils out of your hands that lotions won't help until that layer(s) of skin come off, on the up side, it only takes a couple days.....
    Steel will rust after you clean with this stuff, so after you spent the time getting everything so nicely degunked, think about a little WD40 on things that might turn orange.....

Yes, these are all personal experiences

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ditto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_E71 View Post
    I'll second the vote for the purple stuff! A couple of cautions though,
    Don't let it sit undiluted on polished aluminum or you'll be polishing it again...
    If it's undiluted you might want to wear gloves, it takes the oils out of your hands that lotions won't help until that layer(s) of skin come off, on the up side, it only takes a couple days.....
    Steel will rust after you clean with this stuff, so after you spent the time getting everything so nicely degunked, think about a little WD40 on things that might turn orange.....

Yes, these are all personal experiences

Dave

I second everything you have just said Dave!! My hands have been chewed up a few times by the stuff! By the way, Home Depot sells the same stuff "Industrial Purple". I buy it in the 5gal bucket, as I use it ALOT!!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay guys.....it's time to try purple power. I savvy the extreme surfactant part. We did some experimental stuff with Conoco in the mid 80's and even the hint of the stuff would absorb all the oil from your eyeballs. I guess your eyelids would lock up in the top dead center position.. Thanks much for the input.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i'll also try it

hi all,

went out in the rain tonight and got some of the industrial purple stuff from home depot. i've started cleaning the jimmie nichols engine and cleaned 2 of the elbows with something called noxon i got from ace hardware. that engine is in better shape than fc52. i'll clean the other 2 elbows with the purple stuff and post the pictures.

about this skin removing feature...... think i'll use gloves. going into tax season i need the skin on my hands(i'm an accountant). although when i first started fc52's cleaning i cleaned some parts in carb cleaner bare handed.... i started to shed

frank

Thread Information