We discussed different fluids Saturday, but some of the fluids expand so much when they get hot, we didn't want to deal with that if at all possible. The battery should not have been needed in the first place. If the diapragm pumps had worked as they did at Denny's earlier the total weight of the pumps and lines would probably not have exceeded a pound. Joe is now looking at another pump source that will not require a battery. Sean did have a smaller battery but we chose the larger because we didn't know what kind of draw the pump would have. It started out with 12.6 volts and after the beach testing and testing on the water, it only dropped to 12.2. It didn't even have a switch. When it was time to start the motor, Billy or Al just tightened the connection on the battery.

The reason for starting this out with Mobil 1 is that Joe has had some past experience with these guys and they have expressed an interest in helping out financially. When this concept is worked out, then Joe will put it before some money guys that can see where this thing is headed. At this point we are even more optimistic than last year at the cooling ability of the oil. It may be at some point in the testing that other factors may lead to different fluids, but at the beginning the design was to have all the oil cooled in the lower unit, hence the "Hotfoot". The chiller was a later thought. I was very pleased to have Joe asked me to be a part of the team, because this is an interesting project. AND I have been getting back together with some old boat racing friends, not just to talk old stories, but to possibly be there when some outboard history is created. It's been a lot of fun.