Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jim and Sean McKean

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne:

If you are still heading out, I highly recommend eating at The Depot in downtown Oroville. Anywhere you go, it's always good to tell the locals you are there from where you are from, to enjoy the boat races. That town is so supportive of the races they should be used as a model to promote racing events all around the country.

Last time we were there, the hostess was dumbfounded that we were not Cheryl Rucker. Apparently, she made this big reservation, and we got there just ahead of it...The lady is asking us stuff like "Are you sure you are not Cheryl Rucker?" I had to show her my license to prove it... .The food was great!

We will be testing at Lake Hodges this weekend for Bakersfield....Other than the drive, I love Oroville!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rats

Things were looking good again until a couple of hours ago Skootnz. The plans were to test the "Hot Foot" and see what corrections, if any. were necessary. I had already talked to Bill about moving to the Oroville racing site when Joe Flow called and said Sean was pulling out in the morning. I didn't know he just got married and was on a short fuse to catch a plane for their honeymoon in Italy. Can't say I blame him for not wanting to hang around for some test runs.

I'll call you in the morning Bill.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the confusion John, but it was late last night when we got the call and I was tired and bummed out when I wrote that. We were still committed to going and Bill was very gracious and offered us some help with a pickup boat and etc. Since there will be stock nationals there in 2010, Bill and I were talking about getting the media down there and other leaders from Oroville down to the test site to show them what we were working on and getting some boat racing publicity to the public. Didn't matter that it was a different category. I think boat racing publicity always helps, no matter the category. The final outcome was though, that Sean and Lorraine McKean were anxious to begin their honeymoon and take off for Italy. Without the driver, there was no point in any of us going, so bottom line is no McKean or Vapor Trail Racing will be there.

Free Spirit Racing Team wboxell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wayne to get back in the saddle ??????????

wayne, don't you still have your helmet and jacket its only a test run

what i missed following this thread is, did they cancel the kilos? i was kind of getting an itch to come watch you guys run.

when you said fla next are you talking about a kilo or the title series race? thanks bill

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Bill, cancellation was the problem. We were going to find a place just to run and test the HOT FOOT. Right now it looks like Jim is going to set up a test session in a few weeks at Corsicana, then go to the title series race in Florida. It's only about a 5 or 6 hour drive to Corsicana for me if I can get away, but Joe is in Colorado. I might be able to make Florida, but depends on what's going on and how the Corsicana testing goes. Joe is working with AJ Foyt testing some of his valves and if that goes well at the end of this month in Homestead, Florida Joe may be able to take some of the Vapor Trail Racing people to Foyt's facility in Waller, Texas after Corsicana. Keep your fingers crossed.

BTW, I left my helmet and life jacket in Berlin. I don't think they can find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post

BTW, I left my helmet and life jacket in Berlin. I don't think they can find them.
    Wayne,

I will probably be at Inverness by myself and could use some help. Perhaps you could just work the throttle on the beach.....and then we can see if that Helmet and Jacket show up again.....

Composite Specialties

Default Euro boats

Wayne, I will have two Euro style boats at Inverness with 250cc VRP's on them that you need to take for a test ride for old time sake.......

Post Thanks / Like

If the testing at Corsicana goes well, there is a great likelihood I will go there, but with offers like that from you two guys....I don't know. If Joe Rome is not there to keep me in control I might be tempted. Might be best to stay away. But then Paul Simison is close by and Paul Christner isn't too far either. A great chance to see some old East Coast friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim and Sean McKean along with the Vapor Trail Racing group will gather on the banks of Lake Corsicana on March 15 & 16 to test the world's first oil cooled/ temperature controlled outboard hydroplane. If all goes well, it will be interesting to watch under racing conditions a couple of weeks later at Inverness.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oil cooled?

Dang, call that bad boy a machine gun!

Thread Information