Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Modern Outboard 1971 Havasu Classic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parker results.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I have the 1969 Program, somewhere, but I think it may only have the top ten..

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...er+Enduro+1968

1970 Hot Boat covered the race...."How About That" won a Howard hull owned by Howard McCormick out of Oklahoma City. Bobby Massey won the outboard division...I think...

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...=Switzer+Wings
    Hi Ron, Gene is looking for the top 10 from 1968. McCormick's Howard hull won in 69, Merten was 2nd overall, first outboard. I'd guess the results would be in a Powerboat from about May or June 1968....can't find mine. I know Brummett won in 68, was thinking just one outboard cracked the top ten?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did Gene Drive U-#??

Massey was first outboard and 4th overall, Don Harper was fifth with three MErcs, Lonnie Todd in U-3 (magazine is ripped) was 6th...,
    T-298 was 7th with Bill Olney
    J>ernest Threlkeld was 8th

Will post pictures later....got stuff to do today...Hot Boat May/June 1968 60 Cents....."Outboards Sweep Parker"...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parker 68.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Massey was first outboard and 4th overall, Don Harper was fifth with three MErcs, Lonnie Todd in U-3 (magazine is ripped) was 6th...,T-298 was 7th with Bill OlneyJ>ernest Threlkeld was 8th.
    Boy, I missed that one a ton! Maybe 67 had only one outboard in the top ten?

Thank you, that's what Gene wanted to know. He and Bill Sirois drove Lonnie Todd's Wing that year. Then he bought it, put #94 on it, named it Redbird and raced it for ten more years.

I can save you some picture time, here's Massey, Lanham, Olney and Threlkeld.....don't have Harper.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Boat Magazine May/June 1968

Hot Boat Magazine May/June 1968...

This was the year that Fred Hauenstein (Happy Birthday today June 13/09...Fred is 66..) and I drove the first DeSilva Wing with twin 100 inch Evinrudes...There were only four at the race, two were on Ernie's 69 Switzer, Ted may Co-Drove with Ernie (AND THAT IS TED DRIVING IN THE PICTURE)...Ernie was ateacher, a band leader). On second thought, there may have been six 100 inchers as the Berghauers had two on the Schultz...

Freddy and I lead the outboard division for a few hours. Then the water line broke and sprayed the wiring. As I was limping back to the pits on one engine, Dewey Berghauer hit my wave and nose dived. the twin Schultz, totally destroying the boat.....ripping his Gentex jacket off... The next race the Berghauer brothers and I had new Lifeline jackets made for outboard marathoning...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there away to get a copy of some of the shots?? Our boat is in two of the shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Few Problems With Pictures

I actually have my own scanner on my desk, now. But, I got a NEW computer and haven't had time to see if the scanner works. The second problem, I really have boxes of stuff and I start to look for something and I get side tracked. I'm not sure how I get side tracked, but I do. But let me know which pictures you want and I see what I can come up with.

Thread Information