Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Region 3/4/5 OPC notables

Post Thanks / Like

Default Racing Members

As Smokey said when he started this thread, region 4 OPC was the place to race. Did you know at our high point we had in 1974 85 racing members. You could race most weekends from April until the Kilos in Oct. Ha the good old days!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lumpkin View Post
    As Smokey said when he started this thread, region 4 OPC was the place to race. Did you know at our high point we had in 1974 85 racing members. You could race most weekends from April until the Kilos in Oct. Ha the good old days!!

No doubt like Ray says we had boats for as far as the eye could see lined up in region 4.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lumpkin View Post
    Ray,

Check out the two boats beside me in my new signature photo Bill Fleck in the 401 out of Easton, Maryland and Bill Slivey out of Baltimore with the Johnson V4 man those were the days

The photo was taken by CW Pack during the 1983 Budweiser Cambridge Classic.
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good old days

Danny
    Those were the good old days. I still keep in contact with Bill Fleck, go to his shop in Easton 2 or 3 times a summer. Bill Slivey I have not seen or heard about him since we stopped racing. Do you know how to reach him?

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Ray? Good old, old Days!

I picked this picture of a Switizer Wing with a couple of Mercs running it from either Lake Laurence, WA or D Lake, Oregon. These were lifted from videos done by Jim Hallum who at the time was specializing in getting Britsh Anzani Alkys in the 15 and 20 cubic inch range going over 90 for the A and over 100 mph for the B in the late 1960s.

Enjoy the picts.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    I picked this picture of a Switizer Wing with a couple of Mercs running it from either Lake Laurence, WA or D Lake, Oregon. These were lifted from videos done by Jim Hallum who at the time was specializing in getting Britsh Anzani Alkys in the 15 and 20 cubic inch range going over 90 for the A and over 100 mph for the B in the late 1960s.

Enjoy the picts.
    Thats the fastest looking wing I've seen!! Most of the pictures I see they are in race conditions and don't really look like they are going very fast but that one looks awesome! Great shots, thanks for sharing them!
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Your very welcome. I think there are a few more OPC yet there.

Your very welcome. I am having a wonderful time freeze framing Jim Hallum's videos on what was going on in Region 10 Pacific North West USA and posting the frames here. It takes hours of toggling the DVD to get just the right frame to cut, paste and post.

That Switzer Wing is lifting so nicely you can see under as it flys with only the props and skegs touching the water, the rest is up up and away.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to split these Region 10 posts out of the Region 3/4/5 thread
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wings

There were plenty of wings that raced in region 4. I think these picture were taken at Smith Mountain Lake, Va. around 1968 or 70. Note one picture has triple engined wing.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool!!

Ray, would the triple engine wing have raced with the 2 engine boats?
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Thread Information