Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Finish on 20H Conversion LU

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mercury experimented with numerous lower unit designs in the Quicksilver era, including some extended prop shaft designs for straightaway records. Del Snyder has a poster of maybe 10-12 different ones. I don't know if this was just an in-house poster or for general release. I should try to get a picture of it someday. Cooper Jess has probably seen it as well.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hydroplay View Post
    Mercury experimented with numerous lower unit designs in the Quicksilver era, including some extended prop shaft designs for straightaway records. Del Snyder has a poster of maybe 10-12 different ones. I don't know if this was just an in-house poster or for general release. I should try to get a picture of it someday. Cooper Jess has probably seen it as well.
    Yes pics! Please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hydroplay View Post
    Leek and Strang said there were at least 9 in the Mark25H program alone. I would really like to see that poster too!
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Alan is on his way to pick up a brand new never run 20H complete with new tank. This engine has been stored in a glass case since new. Show have some pictures available in a few days after he arrives back home.

David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default never run 20h

Quote Originally Posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
    Alan is on his way to pick up a brand new never run 20H complete with new tank. This engine has been stored in a glass case since new. Show have some pictures available in a few days after he arrives back home.

David
    David
    Stored in a glass case, why Was it in a museum?
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Post Thanks / Like

The engine was owned by a Mercury dealer in MN. He kept it in a case in his home. It will be in the museum Alan is building.
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Thread Information