Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Harry Pinner, Racer Propeller Man

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry Pinner, Racer Propeller Man

I have not seen Harry since Hinton, West Virginia, 1976. I ran across this article in Powerboat Magazine, December 1970. It said Harry was 42....

Harry had had throat cancer in 1976...He survived that well... He's made some great propellers over the years...

Seems like Harry has been a friend of Boat Racing forever!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default another of the "good guys"

Ron:

I never cease to be amazed how you come up with these old pictures and articles. I wish I had been smart enough to keep a lot of stuff that was lost or thrown away by an unhappy ex-wife.

Harry is truly another one of boat racing's "good guys" Eileen and I used to really enjoy seeing he and his wife at meetings and the races in Florida. Looks as though his son and grandson are keeping up the family tradition in a great manner. I was fortunate to have several very good props he made for me, and he was always willing to work with you in changing it if required after initial testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harry is still with us

Harry is still around. He got out of the boat building business many years ago. I spoke with him last summer. He has a place in Edgewater Fl where he June and Peanut come relax and fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Harry Pinner

Quote Originally Posted by scscuba1 View Post
    Harry is still around. He got out of the boat building business many years ago. I spoke with him last summer. He has a place in Edgewater Fl where he June and Peanut come relax and fish.
    Here is a pic of Harry at the Ocoee FL races in March of 08, that's Peanut's wife. I also meet him again at the Jessup Ga races in May 09. He June and the rest of the clan are doing well.

I have known Harry and June since the early 1970's when he had a race boat shop in West Palm Beach. Harry made winning props for me back in the 1970's for 25ss hydro and the then new to APBA racing the Yamato Y 80 of 1978. Still have them and the engines and the hydro. Now you can see him cheering on his son and nephews at the races. A great tradition and friend to racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    I have not seen Harry since Hinton, West Virginia, 1976. I ran across this article in Powerboat Magazine, December 1970. It said Harry was 42....

Harry had had throat cancer in 1976...He survived that well... He's made some great propellers over the years...

Seems like Harry has been a friend of Boat Racing forever!!!

Ron,

i've bought a few props for my 45ss from harry pinner 4-5years back. Both Pinner and the wife are very co-operative. If i've not mistaken i have his email address and if you need it, i will sent to u by email. One of the props ran well for my tunnel hull. I knew his prop best suite most of hydro boat.

Bahrin

Thread Information