Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mercury Carb help

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercury Carb help

After a few weeks of searching for a supplier of KA7A Jets and Adjuster Needles with no real luck by chance does anyone have 2 jets and 2 adjusters they would part company with? I would think these would make good items for some interprising person to make as kits like Harry Brinkman did years ago for the Mod guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Adjusters are easy to come by. All the AJ's made before the KA's will donate the needle, nut and packing gland ... practically any AOMC meet will have carbs/junk motors with what you are looking for and the price will be right.

As for the jets, again no biggie, just drill out your existing jets to .080 or so and countersink to match the needle.

These 2 simple scavenge items are what keeps someone from being able to make a dime reproducing the KA7A parts.

On my racing motor I find fixed jetting to be superior. I credit advice from long time 4 & 6 cylinder Merc racer Rich Fuschlin on the fixed jets. His boats and motors have won countless races since the early 1960's ... still winning today.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the deep nozzle upgrade goes, I will do the Brinkman nozzle extension for $20 per nozzle to your nozzles.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam

How do I reach you to send out a set of Nozzels??

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fixed jets

Wondering what sizes of fixed jets would you run in a KC carb on a Mod 44? Maybe I will go this way vs the old adjusters. I'm of the old school tech from the "day" like the 60's to the early 80's when I last did any motor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by legend41 View Post
    Wondering what sizes of fixed jets would you run in a KC carb on a Mod 44? Maybe I will go this way vs the old adjusters. I'm of the old school tech from the "day" like the 60's to the early 80's when I last did any motor work.
    That's a pretty simple question for me ... I wouldn't know because I don't run KC's or think that they are an advantage. Very few of the guys running Mod 44's (now called 750 cc class) run KC's, fewer of the guys running them run out front. KA's pretty much rule.

I would not know the correct nozzle length for a KC either.

On the KA's I use different jets with different pipes. Some of my pipes can't pull more fuel than will flow thru a .065 jet, which I think is the largest jet for the KA. Other pipes want more fuel and since Tillotson never made bigger jets for the KA ... I have to drill them out. I'm not using anything bigger than .070

Thread Information