and were still on board for rescue trainin
    im going to roll the boat
    and then brian will blow it over
    well give the new rescue guys a good trainin session

messin wich ya bud
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tthibodaux View Post
    I wonder how long thats been a law? My dad and Jim Foreman (my grandpa) pulled tandem Champ boats for years back in the 80's.

Everything looks AWESOME! Good job guys!
    Tim,

When I started to tow tandem across country, people were tellin' me that I was going to have problems with certain states. So, I looked at state trailering laws online and Texas was in that list. I believe it is one of them laws that is not strictly enforced. Do you know that if a man steals another mans horse or livestock in Texas the owner can catch the thief and hang him on the nearest tree. Still hasn't been removed from the Texas law books. Of course no one does that anymore but, it is still a cool piece of Texas history. The only state I am worried about is California. I hear they show NO favoritism when it comes to double towing...Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Tim,

When I started to tow tandem across country, people were tellin' me that I was going to have problems with certain states. So, I looked at state trailering laws online and Texas was in that list. I believe it is one of them laws that is not strictly enforced. Do you know that if a man steals another mans horse or livestock in Texas the owner can catch the thief and hang him on the nearest tree. Still hasn't been removed from the Texas law books. Of course no one does that anymore but, it is still a cool piece of Texas history. The only state I am worried about is California. I hear they show NO favoritism when it comes to double towing...Mike
    I wish my mom would post some stories about her and Willa (nana) pulling that setup all over the country! Dad and Jim would fly in and they would take off and pull the boats. I don't think they ever messed anything up but I'm pretty sure there were some times they got in a bad spot or 2.

You guys got it goin on! That stuff looks sharp!
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john miffco View Post
    hey mike
    better get some spare tires for that good lookin rig
    next time have a flat,,,might not be 1 exit from a bud
    still gettin crap for leaving the woman at the dinner table
    to bring a tire,,,,,,,,

florida bound 2 weeks
    you better be ready for anything
    when you ride with us,,,,,

and were still on board for rescue trainin
    im going to roll the boat
    and then brian will blow it over
    well give the new rescue guys a good trainin session

messin wich ya bud
    john
    Which reminds me. Do you know why I love this sport? Anyone? It is because of people like Brian Normand, Carleton, yourself, and everyone else that drops what they are doing to come and help their fellow boat racer in need. On my way back from Tennessee I hit something and blew out a tire. My dumb *** forgot to grab the spares off the old trailers. It was late at night, and I thought all was lost. I made several calls and Brian went to Walmart and bought me a tire, brought it to me when he was having dinner with his woman. She was none to happy about this. Awhile back, I had a blow out in my truck. My floor jack failed on me and I was out in the middle of nowhere. I tried flagging people down but, no one would stop to help. I had called my wife to grab a jack and drive 100 miles to help me. All of a sudden, 2 guys almost wrecked when they turned around to come and help. I told him I had been out here for hours, why did you stop? He said he saw the capsule trainer in the back of my truck. I would not of stopped if I hadn't seen it. He was a fellow boat racer from way back. He knew the Schuberts and other old school boat racers. When I first started racing, I never knew that boat racers were such a tight family, and that no matter where I am at, there is someone out there that helps a friend in need. So, to all of you that are part of this huge family of boat racers, I Thank You. Brian, I apologize for your woman getting mad. Can't wait till Chattahoochee.....Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just do like Ron Hill in Arizona and,

you'll be fine with dual trailers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default its the luvin

hey MR MIKE

i know,,,, i know.... i know,,,,
    (caint see but hand is raised)

is it all the luvin uz get ??????????

i guess my loiusiana boy is included
    lousiana folk is just a texas cousin that has strayed
    so gotta consider him still family,,,,,

i supposed now since you got them pretty new trailers
    we aint got to load the jet ski in the truck no more at the shop
    in the middle of the night
    what are we going to do now to break windows??????

gotts to warn ya
    you do know your going to be riding with me and my lousiana cuz
    to chattahoochi,,,,,,we may end up in vegas again,,,,
    brian has duct tape on from lakeland,,i have tape on from orange
    we ought to try to get "band aide"for a sponsor,,,,

heres 1 for you all,,,,
    we been looking at airplanes the last few months,,,,,,,,
    thinking we would hit less things in the air,,,,
    save time on our houston/new orleans trips

now think of
    miffco and normand
    at the controls
    buzzing above your heads
    lookin for the bouys,,,,,,,,,
    think the woman is mad now,,,,
    wait till were making a runway in the backyard,,,,,,,,,,,,
    john

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i got busted in new mexico in 85 for double pullin , they made me drop the boat 200 mi from the state line then come back for the other ! what a prick he was. any way my real question is , could someone take a pic of the hitch system on the back of the triple axel trailer , im courious of something im currently building a double stacker , and was going to hitch the back of it , just always looking for ideas.

thanks scotti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scotti c View Post
    i got busted in new mexico in 85 for double pullin , they made me drop the boat 200 mi from the state line then come back for the other ! what a prick he was. any way my real question is , could someone take a pic of the hitch system on the back of the triple axel trailer , im courious of something im currently building a double stacker , and was going to hitch the back of it , just always looking for ideas.

thanks scotti
    Thanks for the info. I will get you a picture as soon as I can. I have taken the boats over to my storage lot due to the trailers are to long to keep at the house. It is basically a bar with a ball welded to it, and it attaches to the frame with two quick release pins. I will go over tomorrow and snap a pic for you.....Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped by and had lunch with John and Mike yesterday , those guys are real busy over there . Looks like somebody will be getting a new Tri-Hull soon but I'M NOT TELLING WHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DKL View Post
    I stopped by and had lunch with John and Mike yesterday , those guys are real busy over there . Looks like somebody will be getting a new Tri-Hull soon but I'M NOT TELLING WHO
    Busy???? That is an understatement. Sounds like he has 4 or 5 Tri Hulls over there waiting to be repaired. Looks like I am going to pick one up from up north so I can have it for training. He said you are ready to go. I wish we could all say that. Very little time left with so much to be done. I was telling my daughter last night that I cannot shake this fever. I am so anxious to go boat racing it is sickening. Do you know how many 45's we are going to have at Highlands? As always, I love a great boat count at our first race of the season. Anyway, see ya soon Doug and I will not let the cat out of the bag either....Mike

Thread Information