Thread: Lake Ming report & pics

Team Member

Great pictures!! That poor guy in the first couple picture had a bad day for sure. In that one shot you can see his shoes and his face shield from his helmet flying in the air!

Thanks for posting!
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Good article that left out all stock classes , and it was their sectionals....Well at least there are a few shots of the stocks.

e-PerformanceMarine.com ePerformanceMarine's Avatar

Who wrote that article ?
    The comp jet points leader was not mentioned once nor the J hydro points leader.
    Jim & Amanda Rich
    CJ 72 & 53c

JR Performance Motorsports

Jet Drive Service & Repair

Thumbs up Great shots john

Those were great shots John . I was wondering if there really was racing at Ming a couple of weeks ago . There does'nt seem to be anyone willing to post results or pictures about what happened much less advertise the race before hand. A what the heck , who cares if the public know that there is going to be a boat race at lake Ming ? It is just for familys anyway .

Last year the board of supervisers almost priced boat racing out of the picture at Ming . I would think that the clubs that run there would try to make it an " event " to show the people of Bakersfield and the supervisors how important Ming is to racing , as It was built to be .

Wow . I see some COMPLAINING about there class not being shown . Maybe those should buy a camera and post pictures and results instead of complaining about getting DQed . I guess it is only about ME in the stock classes.

John , thank you again for the GREAT photos from Lake Ming . I am sure that 99.9% of racers on BRF enjoyed them .

Jack Strickland [hydroc888@bak.rr.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Good article that left out all stock classes , and it was their sectionals....Well at least there are a few shots of the stocks.
    did you not read this??

The quickest and fastest outboard classes were dominated by Jason Williams as he drove to wins in both the SST45 and 45SS classes. Williams also took the 45SS Divisional heat win on Sunday. Warren West was the only driver to finish better than Williams as he took the win in the Saturday SST45 Saturday final. A freak accident during a warm up lap sidelined West for most of the Sunday action. Finishing in second for the 45SS class was Steven Dawe and coming in third place was Mark Wimpee. In other outboard action highlights Kyle Bahl won in the CSH class, Jeffrey Conant was victorious in ASH, Marlee Hill won in J Hydro, John Peters was tops in 20 SSH, and Daren Goehring completed his weekend with the overall win in the CSR class. The PWC racers were also part of the Winter Regatta and it was Steve Friebe driving to the class win.

remember the write up was a summery, not a full detailed outline and all of the SCSC races base the results (and awards) on combined overall finishes BOTH days........
    I think the write up and pictures are GREAT!!!!

Ross already posted the other results.......

also, keep in mind this thread is under the "V-Drive" forum..........so the info is provided for those drivers.............

PSS: how is Tony S. after his terrible accident??? We (Peeters Express) were parked right next to his hauler at the hospital).........

this is a GREAT picture!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Wow . I see some COMPLAINING about there class not being shown . Maybe those should buy a camera and post pictures and results instead of complaining about getting DQed .

No ones complaining Mr 888. Simply making an observation. You seem to have conveniently left out the part where I mentioned there were some great shots.

Regarding complaints, had judges let your boat run one full class, then let 3 heats run, then let your class run again, then come down and DQ you, I think you might have had a thing or two to say about that as well. The majority of my comments were of the asking advice nature, and many people felt the call was BS. So, we took advice, learned, are making changes now, and and moved on. I suggest you do the same.......

Thread Information