Thread: Mercury Mark 40-H

Post Thanks / Like

My head spins every time I read about the treasures you find. Indiana Jones would have a hard time keeping up with you guys.............
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercury collection

Over time David and I have been lucky to find some rare engines. We started boat racing in the mid 50's and have kept some our original engines. Along the way I started a Mercury dealership up on Long Island. Once I had sold the business David and I kept our Mercury interests alive and formed Aeroliner Race Boats LLC which is dedicated to keeping the old Mercury racing engines running. We manufacture a number of parts for the quicksilver lower unit and feature them on our website (Aeroliner-boats.com). As my collection grew I ran out of space and rented a small shop to work on our racing venture. Well like everything else I have out grown the shop so I am in the process of building a 4,500 ft. sq. shop where we will have ample working room and a section for a museum. I will show the 20-H in one corner flanked by a 75-H on each side. From there every period correct engine will be shown. I hope to have the building erected by the end of July, concrete going down next week.

Last week I also obtained a 1959 De Silva runabout that was owned and raced by Billy Seibold. I will restore the boat and display it with Dick O'Dea's B looper. Also will restore Jerry Waldman's D Sid which will get a D looper. Once everything is done I will post photos. Also anyone traveling through Lake Charles Louisiana area will be welcome to come visit and have a beer or two.

Alan

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Louisiana!

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    Over time David and I have been lucky to find some rare engines. We started boat racing in the mid 50's and have kept some our original engines. Along the way I started a Mercury dealership up on Long Island. Once I had sold the business David and I kept our Mercury interests alive and formed Aeroliner Race Boats LLC which is dedicated to keeping the old Mercury racing engines running. We manufacture a number of parts for the quicksilver lower unit and feature them on our website (Aeroliner-boats.com). As my collection grew I ran out of space and rented a small shop to work on our racing venture. Well like everything else I have out grown the shop so I am in the process of building a 4,500 ft. sq. shop where we will have ample working room and a section for a museum. I will show the 20-H in one corner flanked by a 75-H on each side. From there every period correct engine will be shown. I hope to have the building erected by the end of July, concrete going down next week.

Last week I also obtained a 1959 De Silva runabout that was owned and raced by Billy Seibold. I will restore the boat and display it with Dick O'Dea's B looper. Also will restore Jerry Waldman's D Sid which will get a D looper. Once everything is done I will post photos. Also anyone traveling through Lake Charles Louisiana area will be welcome to come visit and have a beer or two.

Alan
    Alan,

Great find & thanks for the response.

Food for thought, I on't recall Dick O'Dea ever having a personal "B" Looper. I know that all Loopers or even parts that were purchased by Dick from Quincy were recorded as Dick's but many were for customers of Dick. My 2 "B" loopers were recorded at Quincy as motors sold to Dick. Depending on where yours came from, could have been one of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looper

Hi John,
    The Looper S/N is 204. You are probaly right about Dick selling engines. I have another one and will check the S/N on that one.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parts available

Going through my parts as I'm preparing to move to the new shop I found a whole box of exhaust systems parts. Some are from when I was a Quincy dealer and others came from Harry Brinkman's things. I have 2, 4 and 6 cylinder filler blocks, water passage castings etc. If anyone is interested in them I can take photos and post the prices.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure there is interest. Any 6 cylinder water tubes?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water tube

Hi Sam,
    I have two new and one used.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

I have to double check my inventory, I may have something interesting to trade
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20-H info

For 20-H fans

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information