Thread: Mercury Mark 40-H

Post Thanks / Like

With the NBRA racing season moving to the LBRA opening event in May we have arranged for an NBRA room rate with two hotels in Alexandria, LA. Both hotels are fairly close to the Tunk’s race site. The room must be booked by May 7th to get the NBRA Rates. The links below will take you to the hotel web sites.
    The Ramada Inn has given us a $55.00 rate and is good for all room configurations. The phone number is 318-448-1611.
    The Best Western has provided an $89.00 rate for a King bed and a $99.00 for two double beds. The phone number is 318-445-5530.
    We would like to recognize the GAEDA board for their assistance in helping with the details of putting on the race.

The race site will be at the Tunk’s Cypress Inn. A link to the web site is below.
    http://www.tunkscypressinn.com/

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/louisia...andria/ramada-
    alexandria/hotel-overview

http://book.bestwestern.com/…/BEST-W...l-Overview.do…

The two hotels listed above will also be the same hotels for the short course nationals in July. The club would appreciate it if all the folks use them for the two LBRA races. Any question can be addressed to Alan van Weele at 337-304-0379

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone does not know it Alan had his second knee replacement surgery yesterday. This is 9 weeks after the first surgery. He resting comfortably and expects to out of hospital in a couple of days. He has not let the operations slow him down as he is now President of both NBRA and LBRA. LBRA has received a huge donation of equipment from a late member that owned top notch Doug Kay mod engines. They will be selling it off to finance a young person's driver school. Two school boats are currently under construction and Alan and I scheduled to pick them up in late April or early May.
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill, Al Lang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Alan came out of surgery last week and had been doing fine. Yesterday something went wrong, his heart rate got up to 220 while being taken back to hospital in the ambulance. He has experienced kidney failure and swelling of the latest knee surgery. He is in the CCU. I will try to keep everyone informed of his condition.
    David
    Likes Al Lang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You and Alan are in mine and my family's thoughts. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks A/B Speedliner, Ron Hill, Al Lang thanked for this post

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
    Alan came out of surgery last week and had been doing fine. Yesterday something went wrong, his heart rate got up to 220 while being taken back to hospital in the ambulance. He has experienced kidney failure and swelling of the latest knee surgery. He is in the CCU. I will try to keep everyone informed of his condition.
    David
    Dave,

Sorry about Alan's unfortunate issue. Please give him my best for a successful stay at the hospital & recovery.
    John
    Thanks A/B Speedliner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Get well wishes

Quote Originally Posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
    David
    Best wishes Alan for a speedy recovery - Just went thru a little heart issue myself, OK now. And I hope to see both you guys at Mt Dora ACBS extravaganza!

BILL
    Thanks Ron Hill, A/B Speedliner thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything goes well for this fella.
    had a tough time of it recently , lets hope he has a good speedy recovery.
    Thanks Ron Hill, A/B Speedliner thanked for this post
    Likes Ron Hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anything New On Alan?

Here is hoping Alan is showing improvement! Please post any news!

Post Thanks / Like

For now I think no news is good news. I will speak with his son in the morning and let every one know.
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with Alan, he sounded like hell but at least his kidneys are working again. His heart has calmed down since the kidney's function. It appears the pain meds for the knee surgery along with a touch of the flu dehydrated him, so with nothing to do the kidneys went into shut down mode, which sent signals to his to do something. Thanks for everyones prayers and good wishes, I know it helped. He is going to try to call me tomorrow and could be out of the hospital on Sunday if every thing goes well.
    Likes Ron Hill, Al Lang liked this post

Thread Information