Cleared out my mail box!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    Cleared out my mail box!
    PM sent
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

After rebuilding our Y-302 with new pistons and rings for the season I wanted to put a little time on the engine before boat testing. To solve the issue I came up with a simple way to provide water to the engine the way it is normally supplied. The item clamps easily on the exhaust snot and supplies the required cooling flow while on a stand. Took about an hour to carve up a 1 inch thick plastic block. I used AN fittings but can easily be made using standard plumbing items. It connects to a garden hose and you can easily regulate the water supply.

Alan
    That is a nice piece. Didn't do such a nice piece for my Y80, needed something quick so just put some duct tape over the exhaust snoot water intake holes to prevent outflow and used a rubber hose that fit in the water clean out hole (located at brass plug on the tower, the 302 has the plug at the rear just below the power head) and connected that to the garden hose with a fitting. Turn on hose to regulate the flow out the pee tube and run it, more water than the engine needs.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zul8tr View Post
    That is a nice piece. Didn't do such a nice piece for my Y80, needed something quick so just put some duct tape over the exhaust snoot water intake holes to prevent outflow and used a rubber hose that fit in the water clean out hole (located at brass plug on the tower, the 302 has the plug at the rear just below the power head) and connected that to the garden hose with a fitting. Turn on hose to regulate the flow out the pee tube and run it, more water than the engine needs.
    Or do it nicely with AN fittings since Aeroliner likes them and they are wonderfully light and convenient.Attachment 57558Attachment 57559

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hydroplay View Post
    Or do it nicely with AN fittings since Aeroliner likes them and they are wonderfully light and convenient.Attachment 57558Attachment 57559
    I said they were nice? Never said I didn't like Aeroliner's approach I just said I did a quick hookup. So why the complaint?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electromotive ignition

We had our first NBRA race at Tunks Louisiana and it was a great event. We ran a very short course, about .55 mile by GPS, so we hadn't fully explored all that the system has to offer. We found that it was easy starting, battery lasted all day, acceleration was good and top speed was close to where we expected it to be. Saturday we placed first in both heats and Sunday we placed third while we were trying to solve a carb problem. Hopefully at our next race we can explore the timing setup for a longer course. During testing on Friday we placed the settings on the XDI box to allow for acceleration and gave up a bit of top end. There is a great set of photos on Facebook from the event along with point standings.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default 44XS Question

Last weekend we had the 44XS sheave P/N 50-44255A1 fail that has been superseded with 50-94338A1. Would anyone have a source for a replacement item or have a used one to sell?

Thanks,
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recoil starter sheave

Last weekend we had the 44XS sheave P/N 50-44255A1 fail that has been superseded with 50-94338A1. Would anyone have a source for a replacement item or have a used one to sell?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan

What exactly failed, maybe repairable? Those little pins in the sheave that the pawls pivot on get loose and will fail and can be welded.
    I found this on Ebay and it might work in total or for the sheave and other parts, the price is sure right and can't bet free shipping?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-402-...346616&vxp=mtr

Post Thanks / Like

Pete
    That recoil sheave is like the later 55H. The 44XS has a plastic plate on the bottom and that is what broke. The plate is riveted on and it looks like a metal plate could be made to replace the plastic.

David
    Old Race Boats Still Flip You Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broken recoil part

Quote Originally Posted by zul8tr View Post
    Alan

What exactly failed, maybe repairable? Those little pins in the sheave that the pawls pivot on get loose and will fail and can be welded.
    I found this on Ebay and it might work in total or for the sheave and other parts, the price is sure right and can't bet free shipping?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-402-...346616&vxp=mtr
    Hi Pete,
    The photos are of the broken item. I think I can make a 1/8" alum plate to repair the item.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information