Thread: Mercury Mark 40-H

Post Thanks / Like

Default sheave plate

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    Hi Pete,
    The photos are of the broken item. I think I can make a 1/8" alum plate to repair the item.
    That looks doable in aluminum plate. Rivets to reattach or with special bolts?
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

I will machine some special bolts and use shear lock nuts.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Cool sheave attach

I will machine some special bolts and use shear lock nuts.

Alan
    Alan

Good selection, post pics of the fix.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default New project underway

Over time I have collected a ton of things starting from my boat racing in 1955 going through a 35 year period where I was a Mercury dealer, to our current racing activities which include our parts manufacture with my brother David in Aeroliner Boat. David and I have enjoyed the sport for going on six decades and were still trying to promote it and help the racing community out.

Some time back I bought all of Harry Brinkman's collection and one of his goals was to have a museum. I had promised Harry I would try to finish all his projects. Well the last major item is to complete is to establish a museum of sorts. Next week we start the foundation of a new 4,500 ft sq building to support our collection and provide for our current racing undertaking. Once completed anyone in the Lake Charles LA area or traveling through will be welcome to visit with us. I will post photos as progress is being made.

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

What a great tribute to a great racer and contributor to the sport. Looking forward to the progress. What about a separate thread for this endeavor, be easier to follow with a new title?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New project

Hi Pete,
    I thought about a new thread but decided to place the info in this thread. There is a lot of photos and discussion related to putting the collection together and this building project will bring it all together. After the building is completed it will take a year or so to get things organized. I have also planned an office reading area for all the old technical data, APBA, NOA, AOF, and other circulars. Additionally I will have Mercury data including a microfiche file and reader along with printed info.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default APBA docs for the Harry Brinkman museum

Hi Pete,
    I thought about a new thread but decided to place the info in this thread. There is a lot of photos and discussion related to putting the collection together and this building project will bring it all together. After the building is completed it will take a year or so to get things organized. I have also planned an office reading area for all the old technical data, APBA, NOA, AOF, and other circulars. Additionally I will have Mercury data including a microfiche file and reader along with printed info.

Alan
    Hi Alan

I am presently putting in PDF format 3 APBA Stock Outboard Inspection Manuals from 1974, 1977 and 1978, some remains from my race days. I posted on HydroRacer that the PDF's are available for free. Would you like these PDF manuals for the museum? If so I just need an email address.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Manuals

Hi Pete
    Would love a copy of the manuals. I have a few also that I will share. Harry Brinkman was also an APBA inspector and I have his notes.

New subject:

I just bought a 1956 Mercury Mark 20-H that is brand new and never run. It was on display in a living room. It has the tank that has never been fueled and some of the documentation. I don't know if there are others available that are new never run but I think this is a true find. I will post photos after I pick it up.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default manuals and 20H

Hi Pete
    Would love a copy of the manuals. I have a few also that I will share. Harry Brinkman was also an APBA inspector and I have his notes.

New subject:

I just bought a 1956 Mercury Mark 20-H that is brand new and never run. It was on display in a living room. It has the tank that has never been fueled and some of the documentation. I don't know if there are others available that are new never run but I think this is a true find. I will post photos after I pick it up.

Alan
    Alan

To send the inspection manuals I need your email address since I can't attach them to a PM or a direct mail in your profile.

What luck to find such a 20H. What condition are the gaskets, seals etc. It hasn't even been broke in. Hope it was well oiled and the ignition is in great shape sitting around all these years.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Address

Hi Pete,
    My E mail is apvw1@aol.com. The engine was preserved but I never intend on running it so the condition of seals etc will live as they are now. I am sure that there is some degradation due to the age.

Alan

Thread Information