Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hardly any difference!

Beautiful work.

Jeff
    "We live at the bottom of an ocean of air." - General Marvage Slatington

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bendix mag trick was to only use the lighter aluminum magnet rotor but give it to Charlie Erdmann (electric whiz at GE and also in ASR) so he could reverse-charge the magnets and then set point gap at only 0.004- 0.006". Most people hated the Bendix mag but they did work OK after a few tricks and the light flywheel was neat but not so necessary when we finally had boats so you didn't have to slow down for the corners and then accelerate!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that how I was supposed to turn my 750 MOD? No wonder I was draggin' a$$ last!

I set the points at .016 and timing .375 on these 2 little motors. It will be interesting to see what they do on my 750 runabout, as light as this boat it is it should be fun.

BTW, I have 750 MOD motor, props, spares and trailer for sale should any passer by be interested. At 73 it's time to step down.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yamato 302 setup

My grand daughter runs a Y-302 in ASH and CSH and has been doing quite well as a new driver. We have the engine on an old hydro with training wheels, 37 inch bottom. Our first testing this spring we overheated the engine and have been running quite low. I am wondering what is a safe transom height for the 302?

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default D/e mod

We have been making good progress on getting our new Roskowski hydro ready for the NBRA nationals. All that is remaining is to add the Mychron r dash unit and the GPS module. Our new setup will also allow us to map the course, get accelerations along with the engine data. Hopefully our new props will arrive before the next race. Our best Ron Hill wheel decided to give up a blade so Ron asked Vic Brinkman to help with getting us setup with the another prop and hopefully a repaired one as well. Progress photo of the boat are below.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Roskowski D MOD hydro

Over the past week we have been busy getting ready for the NBRA long course nationals. The new boat is getting close to being finished and race ready. All the MyChron 4 data system has been installed, the cowling fit to the engine, cushion glued in, and a D engine installed for fit check. Hopefully we will weigh the rig and fire the engine to assure ourselves that the data system is functional. Hopefully my prop that lost a blade will be bask in time for the race.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Building Project

Over time I have always wanted to have a building where I would have enough space to build and display boats and engines. Last winter I started on a hobby shop and it looks like I will be ready top start moving things into the new building this September. I will show all my collection and documentation I have collected over the years and will hoast anyone that wants to chat about racing and enjoy a beer. Yes the refrig showed up yesterday and is waiting to be moved in!

Alan

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you find your MyChron 4 data logger?

BoatRacingFacts VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

How did y'all do at that Nationals?
    David

FOR SALE: FE / SE / 850 Mod motor parts
    http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...od-motor-parts

Post Thanks / Like

Hi David,
    The weekend was not that productive but did manage a 5th in D MOND and maybe 9th in E MOD. We did not have our best propeller or electronics on the new engine so I would say we did fair. The new boat ran very well and the new engine started to free up after some running.
    Alan

Thread Information