Thread: Mercury Mark 40-H

Post Thanks / Like

Default Y-102 mounted on Y-302 tower

The new tower and lower unit showed up Saturday morning so we decided to install the Y-102 power head on it. The bolt pattern for the two engines is slightly different so some slight modifications were needed. I had to remove the left rear stud in that considerable modification was needed to make it fit. The front two studs almost fit so we offset drilled them moving the holes slightly inboard and aft. This made for an easy modification that will allow us to run the 102 MOD engine and the 302 on boat without having to change the basic setup. I used the 102 foot in that is already profiled while the 302 unit gets a 9/16 shaft installed. Water testing is next.

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lbra

Over the winter some of us in the Louisiana area decided to start a new NBRA sanctioned club. Our first race will be the last weekend in April. Anyone in the area is invited to join the new organization.
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finished the repair of Kaylee's boat

Well after 2 tries we finally figure out how to make a windshield with out cracking it. Only took two tries this time. We pre formed the curve with bungee cord and left it in the sun for a week. The cure came out great and made for an easy fit.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Club turn bouy

After starting a new NBRA club here in Louisiana (LBRA) one of the things that needed to be done was get setup for our first race. Finding turn buoy's is a big issue when you start looking for affordable, durable and fairly large size. What I found is a 29" red hop ball that is very affordable. We bought 13 balls and 3 pumps for $245 with free shipping. There web site is:
    http://www.hopballs.com/
    You look for the adult size family party pack. They also have other colors. Hope this help other with this issue.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Race site engine stand

Over the years we have tried different ways to support engines while we changes them for a different class. The latest attempt was to make a simple 4 engine stand that will easily disassemble for transportation in the trailer. The stand used one 2x6, 0ne 2x10 and two 2x4 along with a box of 2 1/2" deck screws. Total time to fabricate the stand took 4 hours including a trip to Lowes. We made it low to minimize lifting and hopefully it will help make things easier in pits for us but still have a few inches clearance on the lower units. If anyone wants detailed dimensions and photo's let me know.

Alan

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroliner View Post
    After starting a new NBRA club here in Louisiana (LBRA) one of the things that needed to be done was get setup for our first race. Finding turn buoy's is a big issue when you start looking for affordable, durable and fairly large size. What I found is a 29" red hop ball that is very affordable. We bought 13 balls and 3 pumps for $245 with free shipping. There web site is:
    http://www.hopballs.com/
    You look for the adult size family party pack. They also have other colors. Hope this help other with this issue.

Alan
    This reminds me of some of my ideas about setting up a personal practice coarse. One thing that could be done pretty cheap is to buy 4'x8' sheets of styrofoam, cut them into triangle pieces, get some wire-ties, and make pyramid shaped floats. They are impact safe, easy to replace, and could be dis-assembled and stacked away after use!

Post Thanks / Like

Alan I really like that idea. Would save us from having to unscrew and rescrew

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brandon,
    We carried 2 fixed stands and 2 carts. Now 1 stand and 1 cart. Nice part is it disassembles easily and lays flat in the trailer. I looked for the carb and have yet to fine one you asked about. I will keep looking.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Alan. Thank you for looking for the carb. I got my hands on one. Thanks a lot. I'm going to build this stand this weekend! Going to an AOMCI meet May 9th and this will make things so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Brandon,
    Want some detailed photos?

Alan

Thread Information